Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Businesses that closed in 2011

Trummps and Oslo. Don't know the story on either. Maybe some of you can shed some light and add any other businesses that are now gone from Detroit's landscape.

Wow, Oslo closed?

Stromberg2

How about the Detroit Police Dept [[in 2012)? I read the other day that they are going to be closing all precinct offices at 4:00 beginning sometime soon. Sounds like yet another step towards civilization packing up and leaving a once great city.

Does Borders count? They were based in a satellite city of Detroit.

Carstens Elementary School?

Yeah, I'd say this "closing" is most crucial as it may have an impact on future businesses closing and more people LEAVING Detroit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Modusvivendi View Post
    How about the Detroit Police Dept [[in 2012)? I read the other day that they are going to be closing all precinct offices at 4:00 beginning sometime soon. Sounds like yet another step towards civilization packing up and leaving a once great city.

Club Envy, but from what I've read, thats a good thing!

GUSHI Guest

Pontiac, Saturn, Saab, Churches,

GUSHI Guest

Mercury possibly Lincoln in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Pontiac, Saturn, Saab, Churches,
    Church's Chicken is still around [[and so are *CHURCHES*), Saab was acquired by Spyker cars in 2010 [[not 2011) and Pontiac/Saturn were discontinued in 2010 [[not 2011).

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Mercury possibly Lincoln in 2012
    I can tell you Lincoln isn't going anywhere. It's historically Ford's luxury line. The purpose of Mercury was to have a midway point available for the consumers who wanted an automobile that was somewhat luxurious but not as expensive as a lincoln [[sort of like Chevrolet-Buick-Cadillac with GM).

As for Mercury, it was officially discontinued on January 4, 2011. However, Mercury wasn't based in Detroit [[Ford is based in Dearborn), lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Modusvivendi View Post
    Are you serious about this!

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    Are you serious about this!

Are you serious about this [[?)

The old General Motors Corporation [[which became Motors Liquidation Company) officially dissolved in December, I believe.