Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Mayor's Office E-mail address

Does anyone out there know the contact e-mail address of the Mayor's office. I've been digging around trying to find it and the best I can come up with is: scheduling@detroitmi.gov from the city of Detroit website.

I find it strange that a mayor's office doesn't offer much in the way of allowing constituents to contact their elected officials.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Hmmm, the city of Detroit official site seems absent of his specific email address unless I overlooked it? The city council members have their numbers and email addys listed...

http://www.detroitmi.gov/

Cost cutting measures from the EFM: no internet for the mayor.

Send him a postcard or go knock on his door: 9240 Dwight St, Detroit.

Yikes! Can't he even get a free-bie hotmail or gmail email account to be accountable to his constituents? ------ Drats!
    Quote Originally Posted by riviera View Post
    Cost cutting measures from the EFM: no internet for the mayor.

Send him a postcard or go knock on his door: 9240 Dwight St, Detroit.

Looks like he has no email address. Either send snail mail or go on Google Maps and get directions to the address Zacha341 listed.

It will be something like decisionchangeris@here.org

The email is usually last name, first initial @detroitmi.gov. Bingd@ detroitmi.gov is the mayor's. He reads but won't respond.

With spam, phishing attacks, emails with links to virus-injecting websites and the ease of emailing that makes it easy to inundate accounts, the medium is obsolete for communications is situations like this.

Think of it this way; who opens email unless you know who it is from? When I get an email from someone I don't know, that may look genuine, I drag it into the Junk Mail folder that disables all links and any mechanisms that may try to 'dial home'.

Probably the only thing that may ever get read is an old-fashioned letter -- sent to his campaign donation address.

What I recommend for situations like this [putting on my AtDetroit,LLC internet consultancy hat for a moment], is to create a response form on a website. The contact us links on DetroitYES.com are an example. They lead to a structured contact form.

Forms allow channeling of of issues while deterring misuse by spammers and other troublemakers who can easily be detected and blocked.

The destination address to which the form content is emailed is never revealed and even if it is discovered it is a simple matter to trash it and send to a new address.

Coaccession Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Perkins View Post
    The email is usually last name, first initial @detroitmi.gov. Bingd@ detroitmi.gov is the mayor's. He reads but won't respond.
    That Bingd@ address doesn't bounce back as a bad address, but hasn't produced a direct reply for me either, Ann Perkins. And while Bingd@ doesn't appear on the City's website, at least the scheduling@ address appears, and produces the occasional direct reply.

What bothers me is the fact that the Arts Commission doesn't appear anywhere on the City's website. It doesn't even appear in the Wayne County/Detroit directory. It's like the City doesn't have anyone making sure that the Founders Society follows the letter and spirit of the law and the contracts. If the City does, it's certainly not too public about it. The Arts Commission only appears over at the DIA's annual report, and there with no contact information -- unless I've missed it. Has anyone here spotted it the Arts Commission and its contact information in any City directory or website?

This has always been one of my biggest pet peeves with the city. To get an email address of certain offices or department heads can be like pulling teeth, while you go to just about any other city website, and the department heads' email is front and center on their page, and many cities have email directories right on their site.

Maybe it's all just an indication that the elected officials in Detroit and to a lesser extent Wayne county and the state just don't care about the constituents. For them it's just a cushy job which they have to go to just to get paid [[the pay is pretty good too) rather than going to the job because they care about making a difference or at the very least performing the basic tasks that they are paid to do.

At least that's more or less the impression I've had with 90% of city emloyee's, whether on the street checking parking metres or in the offices of BSE&E.

the scheduling email address for the mayor's office works. i have received results and responses when using it

Quote Originally Posted by riviera View Post
    Maybe it's all just an indication that the elected officials in Detroit and to a lesser extent Wayne county and the state just don't care about the constituents. For them it's just a cushy job which they have to go to just to get paid [[the pay is pretty good too) rather than going to the job because they care about making a difference or at the very least performing the basic tasks that they are paid to do.

At least that's more or less the impression I've had with 90% of city emloyee's, whether on the street checking parking metres or in the offices of BSE&E.
    Are private-sector employees any different? Most people get jobs because they need the money, not because they view the job they're doing as essential to the functioning of society. I'd rather deal with the C of D than, say, AT&T customer service any day of the week.