Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Halfway House

So apparently there is a basement venue [[just like the good ol' days) out on the east side called The Halfway House.

The band Enabler is going to be there with some local Detroit backup.

http://www.facebook.com/events/309397069088359/

Has anybody heard of this joint?

i saw it on reddit awhile ago, it sounds great just not the band

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    So apparently there is a basement venue [[just like the good ol' days) out on the east side called The Halfway House.

The band Enabler is going to be there with some local Detroit backup.

http://www.facebook.com/events/309397069088359/

Has anybody heard of this joint?
    This seems crazy. The Facebook invite was sent to over 2,000 people, others posted they are passing out fliers everywhere they go, but the house at 13367 Loretto looks like one of those newer colonial styles scattered around the east side. I don't know how they can fit everyone in, and also the flier advertises "all ages show". Sounds like trouble too me.

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    i saw it on reddit awhile ago, it sounds great just not the band
    Ha, right. Not everyone is into that kind of music. But some people are...

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    This seems crazy. The Facebook invite was sent to over 2,000 people, others posted they are passing out fliers everywhere they go, but the house at 13367 Loretto looks like one of those newer colonial styles scattered around the east side. I don't know how they can fit everyone in, and also the flier advertises "all ages show". Sounds like trouble too me.
    I don't follow? What seems crazy, and why does it sound like trouble? Because of the style of home?

I just wonder if it's some dude's house who happens to throw parties/shows once in a while, or if it has been around in the scene and been used for that purpose for a long time?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    Ha, right. Not everyone is into that kind of music. But some people are...

I don't follow? What seems crazy, and why does it sound like trouble? Because of the style of home?

I just wonder if it's some dude's house who happens to throw parties/shows once in a while, or if it has been around in the scene and been used for that purpose for a long time?
    I used to go to punk rock shows in the cavernous basement of a house on the west side, it had a walk out double door and regular stairs out of the basement. The house had three bathrooms, one off limits. There would be around a hundred people or so, which was cramped but still fun. I just did a quick street view of the house and it seems really small. I did re-read the flier and show starts at 5pm so maybe they don't want an all night thing going on. By trouble I meant too many people and small area. Anyway, hope it goes well, I'm sure it's going to be loud!!