Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Lions Viewing Parties? FSC? Any plans?

Anyone know of a local venue where a Dyes FSC could happen?

I sent a Facebook message to Cub to see if the Mark-O-Plex was up and running, but haven't heard back.

GO SAINTS!!! GO DREW BREES! It's all over for the Lions.

Gnome: We are not having a party for the game. I am not sure if he decided earlier not to have one, but Mark and Mama are in mourning over having lost our male goat, Cozy, who was attacked by pit bulls and suffered major injuries. Mark had to have him put down today.

Fortunately, the female was in a separate pen and was not injured. I think Mark will probably be spending the weekend fortifying the animal pens. We lost chickens and ducks a few days ago as well.

Due to work constraints, I haven't been down there in a while. Anyone who might want to volunteer to help Mark, or donate to the fund to purchase better fencing for the pens, please call Mark directly at 313-452-0684.

Geez, Blue, that's awful. I just don't like pitbulls, though I know it's mostly the jerks who raise them. My sympathies to Cub.

Stromberg2

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I know Cub was very fond of Cozy, he was an amazing character. I'm going to check down at Riverside Park for some chainlink. When we tore down Matty's fence we just left it there. I'll check with Urbanoutdoors to see if he remembers where it went.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Anyone know of a local venue where a Dyes FSC could happen?
    Skippers? If people decide to hit a bar, post up here. We'll stop by for sure.

[[Blue: that is awful news about Cozy, I"m sorry to hear it)

I believe Skippers has taken a hiatus. Not positive about that, and maybe someone can confirm or set the record straight.

Any other suggestions?

Skippers is open Wednesday thru Saturday starting at 8PM.

https://www.facebook.com/SkippersHamtownBar

I'll be at home with my kiddo and extremely pregnant wife!

GO LIONS!

Yeah, It's good to see Skippers still open. Kielson doesn't post much anymore.

Stromberg2

Skippers at 8PM, then. See you guys there!

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Yeah, It's good to see Skippers still open. Kielson doesn't post much anymore.

Stromberg2

Speaking of not posting much anymore...has anyone seen Jjaba or the rock?

TheRock maybe posts every few months. Jjaba is long gone. Too bad, really, as they were 2 of the best posters and one of the reasons for me to sign up. I think the way some of the topics posted today eventually get nasty, drove them and alot others away.

Stromberg2

See everyone at Skippers, ... Go Lions!