Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Money Tree

Default Money Tree

Does anyone remember the Money Tree located on Fort Street in downtown Detroit? What years did it operate? Any interesting stories regarding your visits to the Money Tree over the years?

1980's was its big heyday. There is currently a pretty good deli in its spot called the Gateway/

Had lunch there a few times in the mid-90s

I worked there as a waiter in the mid 80s; great money for a teenager. I've waited on Carmen Harlan [[really cute up close), Sam Bernstein et al. It was a great place to work, and the chicken strudel wasn't bad either.

Getting yelled at by angry Detroit News editors occasionally wasn't fun though.

One of my favorite Detroit eateries, in the era they were running,

Islandman, you might have waited on me.

^^
    I hope you weren't an angry News editor!

Stromberg2