Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Hart Plaza RFP

Default Hart Plaza RFP

It seems as if the Ford Aud. is now completely demolished. Does anyone know of a link to the RFP [[request for proposal) for Hart Plaza's renovation/construction?

I remember seeing images of it containing much more greenspace, but I am not sure if those are the same images from the 2007 plan, which I believed failed.

There's no money to do anything other than sod and plant a few trees where Ford Auditorium stood. They should look at selling naming rights to raise some cash for redevelopment.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    There's no money to do anything other than sod and plant a few trees where Ford Auditorium stood. They should look at selling naming rights to raise some cash for redevelopment.
    The Detroityes.com Megaplex
    Presented by Amway

Let's picnic at the Tubby's Sub Shops Hart Plaza Green Space.

Maybe the city could take suggestions on a new name for this area.I submit the following "Another one bites the dust" rest area.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Classier if they say "presented by"

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    There's no money to do anything other than sod and plant a few trees
    Hart Plaza is in desperate need of green anyway.

I had thought that an Amphittheatre was going to be erected in that spot.

The city seems pretty good at proposing things that never take fruition. I think it'll stay fenced off to the public for a few years [[see Tiger Stadium). Hey, wasn't this demo supposed to be for 60 days? It took them 7 months??

Following the same path as The Wolverine, Hudson's, Madison Lenox, etc. "Coming soon - parking lot"
    Last edited by EZZ; January-02-12 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added a smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Hey, at least Tubby's is a Michigan based company!

Allow tents and rename Hart Plaza to "The Conscience of Metro Detroit"

well-maintained park space would be nice.. we'll see.. the parking garage is still active?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Allow tents and rename Hart Plaza to "The Conscience of Metro Detroit"
    I've seen tents up on the small patches of grass before. Not sure if they were homeless or if they were just families looking to spend a day on the water. 90 percent of Hart plaza is pavers or concrete. Would make for hard camping.

Whats the point in even submitting a RFP to the city? They are going to turn down eveything sent in and do whatevery they want anyways.

They pulled the same crap with Tiger Stadium. Several RFP's where submitted and there was funding in place to make it happen, and the city turned them all down.