Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Stop Bank of America & Fannie Mae From Evicting the Henrys!

2. Stop Bank of America & Fannie Mae From Evicting the Henrys!

Tuesday, January 3

10:00 am: Rally and Press Conference at the home of Robert and Debbie
    Henry, 13694 Helen St. in Southgate [[directions below).

11:00 am: Picket Bank of America’s nearby Southgate branch, 13763
    Northline, just east of Dix Highway [[aka Toledo Hwy), Southgate, MI

The Henrys fell behind on their Countrywide/Bank of America mortgage
    after Debbie had a stroke in 2008 and could no longer work full time.
    The housing market collapsed that same year and the value of their
    house fell by two-thirds. In the aftermath of the crash, Bank of
    America and Fannie Mae were bailed out with billions of taxpayer
    dollars.

Little of this, however, trickles down to the Henrys and the
    thousands of Detroit area families who need mortgage modifications to
    stay in their homes. Bank of America [[BOA) rescinded an initial
    modification that the Henry’s paid for 10 months. Because BOA can
    collect the full mortgage value guaranteed by Fannie Mae, the bank has
    little interest in straightening out the paperwork snafus and
    mismanagement that confronts anyone seeking a mortgage modification.
    Now Fannie Mae [[which bought the Henrys’ mortgage at full value) and
    BOA [[which still services the mortgage for Fannie Mae) want to evict
    the Henrys.

Sponsored by: Occupy Our Homes - Moratorium Now! - People Before
    Banks
    For more info: 313-224-4535
    Directions:

To the Henrys: Exit I-75 at Northline Road [[#37), east to Dix
    Highway, turn south and go 4 streets, left on Helen

Won't come, but I do hope it dosen't turn into a riot!

Why should we only defend these people. This happened to many people.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Why should we only defend these people. This happened to many people.
    Have any one of those turned into riots?

The Henrys fell behind on their Countrywide/Bank of America mortgage
    after Debbie had a stroke in 2008 and could no longer work full time.
    The housing market collapsed that same year and the value of their
    house fell by two-thirds.
    Sorry, but that's not the bank's fault. The banks have done a lot wrong and in some cases they are at fault in these cases.

This isn't one of them. Sick or not, you have to pay certain bills.

If they didn't pay the mortgage - EVICT them.

Why would we let someone stay in a house they signed a contract to pay for when they didn't pay? We shoud be protesting the homeowners.

It's a lose-lose situation. If the owner is evicted, the bank now has a liability. They'll never recoup their loss.

Bank gets the house, insurance money, and they got bailed out with tarp funds. Win win win for the bank. Economy will never recover until this gets fixed.

What a depressing situation in these times. But at least I do hope it will be a peaceful protest and not a repeat of what we saw throughout Detroit back in 1967!

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    What a depressing situation in these times. But at least I do hope it will be a peaceful protest and not a repeat of what we saw throughout Detroit back in 1967!
    What is there left of significance to burn down in 2012?

The weed fields?

SteveJ Guest

They should just move out. This is hypothetical but if I bought a house for 200k and its only worth 70k and I still owe 160k, I would just let the bank have it. No point in paying for something thats not worth nearly what you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    What is there left of significance to burn down in 2012?

The weed fields?
    I don't know of any weed fields in Southgate. But they might do it anyway to prepare for a worldwide event happening later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    I don't know of any weed fields in Southgate. But they might do it anyway to prepare for a worldwide event happening later this year.
    Well you said Detroit and what happened throughout it in 1967 [[Southgate wasn't even relevant in 1967 to the region as a whole), that's why I asked.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Sorry, but that's not the bank's fault. The banks have done a lot wrong and in some cases they are at fault in these cases.

This isn't one of them. Sick or not, you have to pay certain bills.
    Then why is it the taxpayers responsibility to bail the banks out?

It's not our fault they fell on hard times.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Then why is it the taxpayers responsibility to bail the banks out?

It's not our fault they fell on hard times.
    Completely different situation...

Will the Henrys losing their home cause millions of people to lose their middle class jobs?

:facepalm:

Occurrence Guest

Completely different situation...

Will the Henrys losing their home cause millions of people to lose their middle class jobs?

:facepalm:
    Nah, I'm still not going to support a banks decision to evict someone going through hard times after they themselves were bailed out with our money.

In fact, I encourage anyone who is losing their home to a bank to trash the place the best they can while they still own it so the bank has to spend money. Strip it for scrap metal, rip out carpeting, flood the basement. It's not much, but it's a small way you can fight back.

In fact, I encourage anyone who is losing their home to a bank to trash the place the best they can while they still own it so the bank has to spend money. Strip it for scrap metal, rip out carpeting, flood the basement. It's not much, but it's a small way you can fight back.
    Yeah great idea. I'm sure all the neighbors will love it. Heaven forbid someone else just wishes to sell their house. Now that house whose value has dropped by 1/2 will have its appraised value drop by another half because you thought it was a cute idea to strip your own home.
    While you're at it why not just set it on fire? Maybe the neighbors will be lucky and some hot embers will blow on their roof and set their house on fire too. That'll show those banks!

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Yeah great idea. I'm sure all the neighbors will love it. Heaven forbid someone else just wishes to sell their house. Now that house whose value has dropped by 1/2 will have its appraised value drop by another half because you thought it was a cute idea to strip your own home.
    While you're at it why not just set it on fire? Maybe the neighbors will be lucky and some hot embers will blow on their roof and set their house on fire too. That'll show those banks!
    Well, maybe the banks shouldn't piss people off, Bank of America especially. When they failed to work with you and they have no organization even after being bailed out, people get angry.

Nah, I'm still not going to support a banks decision to evict someone going through hard times after they themselves were bailed out with our money.

Ok, then we are in agreement after all...

However, I don't support helping the Henrys while we didn't help the other millions of people who lost their home.

The only way we can help everyone equally is by going to the top and cutting off hundreds of heads, and probably repossessing any assets or money they earned on the taxpayer's backs. That SHOULD have been done in the first place, instead of giving away a blank check.

I don't want any help. I am man enough to take care of my own family without trying to screw over business owners because I made a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherboy View Post
    I don't want any help.
    That's fine. No one's offering you any help anyway...

Occurrence Guest

However, I don't support helping the Henrys while we didn't help the other millions of people who lost their home.
    But who benefits from kicking someone who had a stroke out onto the streets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    And while doing so, set the banks and weed fields [[if Southgate has any) on fire. Then we have a perfect riot!

But who benefits from kicking someone who had a stroke out onto the streets?
    Agreed.

But again, there are thousands, if not millions of people who don't appear in the daily newspaper who have lost their assets due to circumstances beyond their control.

My point is, I think if we're going to help The Henrys out then we should also help out all of the other people who are or have been stuck in a similar situation. It's not fair to pick and choose who we should and shouldn't help, if they need help that is...

Occurrence Guest

True, but they could start here. To evict these people only because they have already evicted millions of others is also a bad idea. I don't think anyone knows what they are doing anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast