Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Home Invasion, Teen Shot For His Air Jordans.

REDFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. -

The Redford Township Police Department was investigating a home invasion that left one man shot over shoes.

Police said two men broke into a home early Friday morning in the 19900 block of Denby Street. One of them was armed with a handgun.

The homeowner, who asked not to be identified, said the men broke into his home and demanded that his 18-year-old son hand over his new Nike Air Jordan shoes which he had received as a Christmas gift.

The teen wouldn't give up the shoes without a fight. During the struggle, one of the suspects pulled out the handgun and shot the teen's 19-year-old friend.

The suspects fled with a wallet, cash and the Air Jordan shoes.

The victim was taken to a nearby hospital, treated for his wound and released.

The suspects were both described as black and between 16 and 18 years old. One man was described as 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with short hair and wearing a white T-shirt.

The other man was described as 6 feet tall, weighing 160 pounds and wearing a gray jacket with a hood.

Police said a white, full-sized General Motors pickup truck may have been used by the suspects.

The break-in and shooting did not appear to be random, police said. The victim was probably specifically targeted.

Anyone with information on the break-in and subsequent shooting is asked to call the Redford Township Police Department at 313-387-2551.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/T...z/-/index.html

Seriously?

lilpup Guest

robbery is robbery - anything the thieves feel has worth [[tho' wouldn't be surprised if this was gang-related or neighborhood thug muscle-flexing)

Meh, the son was probably hanging out with the wrong group of people in the first place. And to add insult to injury, he was probably shoving the fact that he had a pair of Air Jordan shoes in their faces, instigating the situation further [[how did they know it was a Christmas gift?).

But it is sad and unfortunate what happening. I love the shoes and purchase them myself, but I would never risk my life and financial well being over them.

The freep version says the door was unlocked.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011123...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Either way, now learning that it was over some overpriced shoe...ugh, smh.

Oh...and it's not unique to Detroit.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news...ayton-20111227

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Ho...es-2426531.php

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/s...-stem-violence
    Last edited by animatedmartian; December-30-11 at 05:56 PM.

Ladies and Gents. This is a sad incident. Give up your shoes or any items if someone invade your home with a gun and demand for them. Just don't let them take you with them. Material items are not worth a bullet that you will recieve in exchange for them. I hope the young man will pull through

Lest we forget... about a dozen years ago a kid in Southfield was killed over a pair of $1000 designer glasses, that his mother allowed the 15 year old to buy with his own saved money. And then he was robbed and killed for them...

313WX is right... bragging rights got these shoes taken....

It's unfortunate, but those shoes have "I have a pair of Jordans and you don't" written on them.
    This certainly won't be the last time we hear about violence related to these shoes.

Wait in a long line, spend $180 and increase you chances of getting mugged. Doesn't sound like such a good deal.

Yeah the insane, inane lust for this stupid junk continues after the purchase culminating in worse behavior than was part of the original purchase often. No surprise here...

Just the 'circle of life [[style)!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    It's unfortunate, but those shoes have "I have a pair of Jordans and you don't" written on them.
    This certainly won't be the last time we hear about violence related to these shoes.

Wait in a long line, spend $180 and increase you chances of getting mugged. Doesn't sound like such a good deal.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-31-11 at 08:39 PM.

Symptoms of unhealthy advanced capitalism.......

Symptoms of THUG menality.
    there fixed it for you....