Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Just misc. venting...

Why is it that the ONLY colors that companies make thermal men's base layers [[other than that nasty "waffle" garbage) in tall sizes are dark blue, charcoal or other annoying color. Why no white?

Ravine Guest

That stuff is readily available in white.
    The stores are just hiding it, when they see you approaching, to annoy you.

Have you tried here?

http://www.landsend.com/

i have to agree with rd. i have a hard time finding white for hubby too. the off-white won't cut it so i end up having to sew and sew and sew the couple of white pairs he has.

When I worked on freighters, the officers got white sheets and everyone else got blue sheets which had perviously been white officer sheets. The blue hid blood and grease stains that wouldn't come out in the wash. Think of it as manly.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    When I worked on freighters, the officers got white sheets and everyone else got blue sheets which had perviously been white officer sheets. The blue hid blood and grease stains that wouldn't come out in the wash. Think of it as manly.

Sounds like the hazing on the freighters was epic.

I'd shop where the officers shop, then stay the heck away from them.

Is this thread for free range venting, or is it just long underwear specific?

Free-range venting is welcome, esp. if you are wearing Farmer Johns

Amazon has lost it's head. I was looking at King Crimson, and under "similar artists on tour" is -- the Beach Boys

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Why is it that the ONLY colors that companies make thermal men's base layers [[other than that nasty "waffle" garbage) in tall sizes are dark blue, charcoal or other annoying color. Why no white?
    Would bleach correct the problem? Or would it cause more harm than it's worth?

Ravine Guest

Great plan. Ever seen what happens to fabrics left soaking in bleach?

I once took some true black levis and traced a spider web design on them with bleach [[yes, high school) They looked coo [[or so i thought at the time)l for two washes, on the third, the bleached areas burned through and i was left with no fronts on the legs above the knees

Its a color consipiracy.....someone hates the whites.....

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I once took some true black levis and traced a spider web design on them with bleach [[yes, high school) They looked coo [[or so i thought at the time)l for two washes, on the third, the bleached areas burned through and i was left with no fronts on the legs above the knees
    Yep. That's the one...

This is the weirdest thread I've ever seen. I happen to like the color ones. And don't buy cotton, if you're working hard and start to sweat, it doesn't wick away but the sweat stays against your skin. Polypropylene is the way to go. Or if you have more money than you know what to do with, you can go to REI out in Troy and buy some Smartwool longies for about $50.