Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Hoffa buried in Ren Cen?

I think, like Luca Brasi, he lives with the fishes.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...rk-20111226-ms

Interesting that "new leads" always precede a new book.

Unfortunately, Mr. Hoffa has achieved immortal status more for where he may be than his work with the Union.

If it is true that Hoffa was killed it is really a testament of the ability of certain folk/s to disappear a person very proficiently. It would also follow that if those responsible are still alive a little satisfaction crosses their face/s with every red-herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Interesting that "new leads" always precede a new book.
    I thought the same thing.

I was always sorry that the movie, "Hoffa", wasn't a little more accurate in it's ending. Should have been filmed in the parking lot of the old Red Fox.

I always heard that he was embedded in the end zone grandstand of the stadium in East Rutherford, NJ where the NY Giants play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    I always heard that he was embedded in the end zone grandstand of the stadium in East Rutherford, NJ where the NY Giants play.
    I always heard it was the endzone. A couple of years ago the Mythbusters took a ground radar and swept both end-zones and some of the stands looking for pockets where he could be buried, and found nothing.

Until someone steps up and says "I killed Hoffa and put him here..." I'm not buying any theory. I doesn't really matter, in any case.

If I remember correctly, they were pouring cement 24/7 back then for the RenCen foundations

Conspiracy theory here: GM needs some excavation work done, expensive to do.

So start a rumor that Hoffa is under there, digging starts, nothing found. Excavation free.

Remember the horse barn in Milford......

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I was always sorry that the movie, "Hoffa", wasn't a little more accurate in it's ending. Should have been filmed in the parking lot of the old Red Fox.
    Funnily enough my brother interviewed Danny DeVito @ a junket this year & took that up with him, De Vito waved his hand dismissively & said "I flew to Detroit w/David Mamet, drove out there & we saw it[[grimaces)...I wasn't going to end my movie in a boring Michigan parking lot!"

"I wasn't going to end my movie in a boring Michigan parking lot!"

Spoken like a true outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Until someone steps up and says "I killed Hoffa and put him here..." I'm not buying any theory. I doesn't really matter, in any case.
    I don't think that's going to happen because that someone is probably dead now too.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
    "I flew to Detroit w/David Mamet, drove out there & we saw it[[grimaces)...I wasn't going to end my movie in a boring Michigan parking lot!"
    Pfff. It was the last place Jimmy Hoffa was seen, therefore it's an *Exciting* Michigan parking lot!

There's a scribble on the top floor stairwell leading into Coach Insignia that says "Hoffa was here! '79" Coincidentally, it's within viewing range of a security camera down that same hall.

I doubt it actually has anything to do with the case, but I saw it about a year ago and dammit I wish I took a picture of it [[I had my camera with me, too)

""Hoffa was here! '79" Coincidentally, it's within viewing range of a security camera down that same hall"

There were more than a few friends that used to do that all over town. We thought it was funny; Hoffa was gaining iconic status at the time and "tagging it" was something some bored kids did. Perhaps that's what happened.

This is not a "new" theory. I heard about this version of events back in '96, from the son of a construction worker who did roof work on the RenCen. But I always figured that if it were true, it wouldn't matter anyway. How would you find his body in a huge foundation like that one?

[[I think it's my neighbour!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post

That idea seemed particularly absurd to me. Why take someone from here and bury him so far away, when plenty of options exist here? I always heard he was chopped up at the Raleigh [[telegraph and 9 or 10 mile) and popped into the trash compactor

Occurrence Guest

A public figure of that stature was not buried anywhere. The "Mob" during that era held a lot of power and influence and wasn't that dumb. I'm sure the body was properly disposed of.