Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default If you think your life has been full, you need to see this.....

I watched this video and realized my life was mediocre at best.....Live life to the fullest. Not complaining, just sayin......

http://www.youtube.com/v/EEu42L0ufBY...dded&version=3

Saw this a while back on the Jeb Corliss FB....great vid!

Being an adrenaline junkie isn't my idea of a full life. Nope, doing things where a mistake ends with me going splat doesn't sound fulfilling to me

i'm not afraid of heights, it's the ground at the end of those heights that bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Being an adrenaline junkie isn't my idea of a full life. Nope, doing things where a mistake ends with me going splat doesn't sound fulfilling to me

i'm not afraid of heights, it's the ground at the end of those heights that bothers me
    Agreed.

How fulfilled one considers their life to be depends on the person.

There is no one size fits all in this situation.

What was the name of that mountain climber who fell at the end.... oh that's right.... Skip!

Ravine Guest

Sitting at table in warm kitchen. Woman in near room. Pipe tobacco, coffee. Christmas leftovers in fridge, cookies on top of it. Internet access.

Fullest, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Sitting at table in warm kitchen. Woman in near room. Pipe tobacco, coffee. Christmas leftovers in fridge, cookies on top of it. Internet access.

Fullest, indeed.
    That says it all.

IMO there's a significant difference between living your life to the fullest and living your life on the edge.

When you think about it, attempting stunts like above is a selfish way to get your kicks. "He died doing what he loved" doesn't do much for the families these idiots leave behind when they're 1/10 second late or come up 10 ft short.

lit joe Guest

Buy a bar see what happens in your life. Thats just childs play.

I don't see risking your life for an adrenalin rush as living a full life. I'll take people who try to improve the lives of others over adrenalin junkies anyday.

lilpup Guest

It's possible to enjoy the beauty shown there without the need for speed or risk. Go camping, kayak or canoe a river or lake, go snow-shoeing or cross-country skiing. We might not have the desert or mountain scenes immediately on hand here in Michigan but we do have magnificent beauty with our forests, lakes, and beaches.

nothing beats a quiet float/paddle/ski/hike with one's eyes open to the surroundings

Nature is full of wondrous things, if only you have the patience to take in what she offers

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    It's possible to enjoy the beauty shown there without the need for speed or risk. Go camping, kayak or canoe a river or lake, go snow-shoeing or cross-country skiing. We might not have the desert or mountain scenes immediately on hand here in Michigan but we do have magnificent beauty with our forests, lakes, and beaches.

nothing beats a quiet float/paddle/ski/hike with one's eyes open to the surroundings
    You're getting a big Amen, from me, on that one, and I don't even do all of the outdoorsy stuff you mentioned.
    I hate hate HATE being cold, but the payoff is that I live in a state that blooms with greenery in the spring.
    The dry heat of Arizona pleases my bones, but the parched brown land and miles of southwestern-style brickery is beloathed by my spirit.
    Last edited by Ravine; January-01-12 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Nature is full of wondrous things, if only you have the patience to take in what she offers
    I agree. All too often, these nature shows are more about conquering rather than just observing.
    Who was that fellow from Australia that died from some kind of underwater thing? Steve Irwin? "I'm just going to stick my head in this crocodile's mouth!" I can't say that I was surprised. It was almost natural justice.

What this guy does is amazing but unnecessarily risky. Some day, I fear, he will wish he'd tied himself in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBrXUuwvgg