Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

4real Guest

Default Obama forced Chrysler to go Bankrupt, ruin dealerships in process

"Steven Rattner , Obama's butt boy, called shots on bankruptcy Proceedings show he planned Chapter 11 for autos in advance

BY GREG GARDNER • FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER • June 7, 2009By the evening of April 29, with their historic bankruptcy filing hours away, Chrysler Chairman Bob Nardelli and other company leaders were left with no doubt that Steven Rattner was calling the shots."

Rattner to Execs: Chrysler was filing for Chapter 11, no matter what.
    Not since democrat President Harry S. Truman seized the American steel industry in 1952 has America seen such a bold exercise of federal power over a vital organ of the U.S. economy.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090607/BUSINESS01/906070438/1210/BUSINESS/Obama+s+man+called+shots+on+bankruptcy

What the hell is this country coming to when you have a bunch of non experienced jerkoffs ruining companies because you want to further your political agenda.

If they did not receive that government money, wouldn't they have been liquidated last year? Without cash, how would they have stayed in business til January [[let alone July)?

4real, how can you compare the 1952 Steel Strikes to the 2008 Auto Crisis? In 1952, the government came with hat in hand. In 2008, the autos came with hat in hand. In 1952, the problem was that demand exceeded government set prices. In 2008, the problem was that there was no demand at any price. In 1952, the private companies and unions sued to keep government out. In 2008, the Autos and unions did everything possible to bring government in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_steel_strike

Right. Just let them liquidate and create a bigger mess than they're already in. You're a real genius 4Real . He helped those who couldn't help themselves

Retroit Guest

We have more to fear from foreign companies that are being run or aided by their governments than we do from our government running/aiding our companies.

Quote Originally Posted by 4real View Post
    "Steven Rattner , Obama's butt boy, called shots on bankruptcy Proceedings show he planned Chapter 11 for autos in advance
    Anybody who starts off a rant with a juvenile remark like butt boy automatically let the reader know they have nothing to contribute to the topic. What are you, a middle school child?

Yet another silly post by a silly poster. To the silly poster, I say that when you are planning a strategy, you always have a plan "B"

To attempt to lay blame of the fall of Chrysler on the President's feet is nonsense. Chrysler like General Motors should have never got billion dollar loans but yet the government starting with Bush and continued with Obama attempted to give a lifeline to the two and you are saying that they wanted to take over two bankrupted automakers. Oh well..........

me "thinks" the auto industry was in trouble way be Obama took office...maybe after helping it we can get the jobs back and have a multi-purpose company....energy products, better green cars and a competitive market share.. I like GM's commerical myself,,,,theonly chapter they want to write is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    If they did not receive that government money, wouldn't they have been liquidated last year? Without cash, how would they have stayed in business til January [[let alone July)?
    Absolutely. Had Obama stood by and done nothing, Chrysler would have gone into liquidation and ALL their dealerships would be on the chopping block. And I'm absolutely certain the OP would be raising hell and blaming Obama if that happened. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm no fan of Obama, but, if those dealerships can't make a profit selling vehicles then what the hell are they staying open for? The corporation is losing 100 million dollars a day. How long could that possibly go on?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I'm no fan of Obama, but, if those dealerships can't make a profit selling vehicles then what the hell are they staying open for? The corporation is losing 100 million dollars a day. How long could that possibly go on?
    Why aren't you a fan of Obama?? He didn't cause this mess to begin with. He's probably the most logical guy making decisions that we've had in the White House for years. At least he has compassion for the "common folk", more than I can say for his predecessors.

"Obama forced Chrysler to go Bankrupt"

That may be one of the silliest things I've ever seen posted here. Yeah, without that darned Obama they'd be doing just fine...

Lorax Guest

Instead of all of this phony umbrage against Obama, how about some anger toward the Tushies and their rape of the treasury on their way out the door, oh, and some anger toward the banks for refusing to lend OUR money to us.

1/10.

/like everything else, you have to practice to get the FARKese down right
    //speaking of jerking off, I know what you'll be doing when Rush comes on the air at noon!
    ///heh, "come"

Retroit Guest

C'mon people, it's not solely Obama's fault, or Bush's fault, or the Big3's fault, or the UAW's fault, or the executives' fault, or the foreign car buyers fault. It's ALL of America's fault. While we were all pointing fingers at each other and fighting our petty turf wars, the foreign competition has sneaked in the back door and taken over our markets. It's time to stop the pillow fight and plug the holes in the good ship S.S. America.