Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Old DPD precinct being turned into an art gallery

DETROIT - It’s a dreadful looking place. The outside is covered with graffiti. Inside, paint is peeling and junk is scattered throughout the building.
    But an amazing transformation is under way at Detroit’s old police precinct on Vernor. Construction crews are turning it into an art center.
    "I love it. It’s taking it to its best use in my opinion," said Larry Halbert of 555 Gallery.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Police-precinct-turned-art-gallery/-/1719418/6331232/-/e1ypx1z/-/index.html

very good.. hopefully once it opens it will have lots of visitors and programs for area youth..

I wish the city could had allowed the former Mark Twain Library building to be used as an art gallery. I hope that the Montieth Branch Library will be turn into a bookstore such as John King or Barnes and Noble. Be creative with these old building. Transform the Hunt street police precint into a restaurant or art gallery or used bookstore with cafe

Thanks for posting, I was wondering what they were doing with it.