Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cousins Found Dead Together Inside Trunk of Car in Detroit

Teen makes grusome discovery on city's east side

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...it-20111218-dk

A Facebook commenter wrote a interesting sentence or two:

Things you should know:
    1. fact that Wayne County has 500 inmates out on tether.
    2. fact before leaving office Gov. Granholm released 1,000 sex offenders and several thousand other so called non-violent offenders back on our streets.
    3. fact Michigan State Police are closing their Detroit Post,
    4. Detroit Police have lost over 1,000 officers since 2001.
    5. fact the State has closed the Ryan Correctional Facility.
    6. fact City Council wants to layoff 300 more police officers.
    7. The FBI says violent crimes are dropping but murder [[and hit and runs) are increasing.

There was also two males found dead this morning in an home on the east side - within 8 blocks of where the cousins were found:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-home-20111220
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-20-11 at 12:04 PM.

When is this insanity going to end? Are we going to have to call in the Army Reserves to patrol the streets and implement a 6pm curfew? Every time it seems this city is making progress, moving in the right direction, or finally limiting violence, these stories come out. God help us if they have to lay off another 300 officers. I don't know if I want to stay in this area anymore if these types of stories keep showing up. I've tried to stay positive and keep hope, but I really think unless something drastically changes very, very soon, I will not be living here anymore. I don't wanna get stabbed to death over an ipod while I'm jogging, but that's what it's coming to.

RANT OVER

Yeah, it used be justified that crimes of this sort were always 'drug' and money deals gone bad between the affected parties. We have more an more violence upon multiple members of families - crazy!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-20-11 at 06:21 PM.

When I read stories like this the first thing I wonder is which drug gangs are going after each other now. The reporting of stories like this is always bare bones since I guess the police don't want the public to understand how much they know, but the multiple murders is news so it has to be reported. The drug culture has become so ingrained within the economic fabric of Detroit's communities, its making the city unlivable. You never want to cut 300 officers and I would think that property crimes will zoom upward when that happens. However the murders is a lot more complicated than not having enough cops out in the streets.

Default "what is going on out here tonight?"

That's a quote from a patrol officer last night. Along with the reported crimes there was also two other shootings, several armed robberies, assaults, etc,. The dispatch replied, "...must be a full moon..."

Listen to the online scanner to hear how bad it really is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    when is this insanity going to end? Are we going to have to call in the army reserves to patrol the streets and implement a 6pm curfew? Every time it seems this city is making progress, moving in the right direction, or finally limiting violence, these stories come out. God help us if they have to lay off another 300 officers. I don't know if i want to stay in this area anymore if these types of stories keep showing up. I've tried to stay positive and keep hope, but i really think unless something drastically changes very, very soon, i will not be living here anymore. I don't wanna get stabbed to death over an ipod while i'm jogging, but that's what it's coming to.

Rant over
    it's time for a new police chief...
    It's time to bring in the national guard..
    Take back our city!

Your FACT #5 is incorrect. Ryan is open but Mound is closing or has closed. My sister is a CO at Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Teen makes grusome discovery on city's east side

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...it-20111218-dk

A Facebook commenter wrote a interesting sentence or two:

Things you should know:
    1. fact that Wayne County has 500 inmates out on tether.
    2. fact before leaving office Gov. Granholm released 1,000 sex offenders and several thousand other so called non-violent offenders back on our streets.
    3. fact Michigan State Police are closing their Detroit Post,
    4. Detroit Police have lost over 1,000 officers since 2001.
    5. fact the State has closed the Ryan Correctional Facility.
    6. fact City Council wants to layoff 300 more police officers.
    7. The FBI says violent crimes are dropping but murder [[and hit and runs) are increasing.

There was also two males found dead this morning in an home on the east side - within 8 blocks of where the cousins were found:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-home-20111220

^^^^ I hear you, thanks for that correction - it was not my 'fact'. It was a list from a 'commenter' posted to the article. Still crazy that more prisons are closing which mean more offenders let loose back into the community.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yeah, it used be justified that crimes of this sort were always 'drug' and money deals gone bad between the affected parties. We have more an more violence upon multiple members of families - crazy!
    You don't know what the scenario was with the two cousins. It could very well have been drug activity or a domestic violence situation. Those two issues still are the major sources of crime in the city. The report about the two males found specifically states there was drug activity in the house where they were found. If you hang out near the drug scene expect to see its violence.

^^^^ I did not say drugs were 'never' the case, I said it was not ALWAYS the reason! Crime is popping off all over this town and all of it is not due to 'drug' and money deals gone bad'.

That was my 'specific' point. Sounds like the two guys may have been the drug thing. But people are being victimized that have nothing to do with drugs. Like the retired man murdered after being made to return to his house and the car jackings of folks just trying to go to and from in the city. Or the young college student who got his car stolen and now receiving calls of threat, etc.

And I doubt the murder of two young female cousins was about them dealing drugs. But hopefully we will find out. Or just get comfortable knowing these types are roaming about -- feeling comforted that we will not be their next target so long as we are not in the drug world? I don't THINK SO!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-21-11 at 08:49 AM.

I believe one needs to make a distinction between dealing drugs and a drug culture. Crime from a drug deal gone bad or something direct like that is easy to understand. Whats more difficult is the drug culture which is tied into the the economics of the inner city and the crime that comes about from that.

Many people in Detroit are in the periphery of the drug world in the city. Not necessarily dealing but they know people who do, are in the company of people who do. or do things illegally that may not be directly tied to drugs but part of the drug culture. Many times family and friends get punished for the deeds of their drug dealing friends and relatives.

If you are not part of that culture, your chances of being victimized in the city is not as great as those who are. Of course you have your random events, that happens, but more often than not there's are reasons you find bodies burned in the street or, in a trunk of a car, or in a abandoned house.

You go into some areas of the city you can tell about the only income that sustaining the residents is welfare and/or illegal drugs. Very few businesses employing people.
    That is the problem that must be attacked first. More police is not the answer. Thats not even a band-aid. The only band-aid you can use to get crime down to an acceptable level is to declare martial law, have a curfew in affect for minors and basically have the police and/or national guard walk the streets at night. I don't think many of you would like that kind of scenario. To much like an occupying force with all of the abuse of rights that go along with it.

Very sad for the families. The quote from a related article makes me think there is definitely more to the story than random violence. I'm not blaming the victims, but if I was investigating I would be looking for enemies of people close to all four cousins

"For Reid and her family, the violence has become all too common, but no less devastating. They just lost cousins Martez Norwood and Charles Reid in June when their burned bodies were discovered in a vacant home on Westmoreland that had been set on fire. That case remains unsolved."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...it-20111220-ms

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Many people in Detroit are in the periphery of the drug world in the city. Not necessarily dealing but they know people who do, are in the company of people who do. or do things illegally that may not be directly tied to drugs but part of the drug culture. Many times family and friends get punished for the deeds of their drug dealing friends and relatives.
    Folks living with all of the consequences and ills of urban poverty very often have little control over solutions that can make a difference in their lives. But this issue is one area where they can have some control. Active participants in the drug culture in this country are almost always assisted in their "careers" by law abiding family and friends who fail to ostracize and exclude the drug professionals from their social networks and communities. Certainly it would not be easy to tell one's drug dealing son that he was not welcome in the house, nor would it be easy to perhaps further cut off all contact, but this is one significant thing that poor people can control which would help deter the drug culture and all its negative consequences for poor neighborhoods. Sure, it wouldn't solve all problems of the drug culture, but The Game would be a lot more difficult for drug punks if they didn't get free rent from mom and tacit acceptance from the non-criminals in their family and other social networks.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Folks living with all of the consequences and ills of urban poverty very often have little control over solutions that can make a difference in their lives. But this issue is one area where they can have some control. Active participants in the drug culture in this country are almost always assisted in their "careers" by law abiding family and friends who fail to ostracize and exclude the drug professionals from their social networks and communities. Certainly it would not be easy to tell one's drug dealing son that he was not welcome in the house, nor would it be easy to perhaps further cut off all contact, but this is one significant thing that poor people can control which would help deter the drug culture and all its negative consequences for poor neighborhoods. Sure, it wouldn't solve all problems of the drug culture, but The Game would be a lot more difficult for drug punks if they didn't get free rent from mom and tacit acceptance from the non-criminals in their family and other social networks.
    Unfortunately it is a bit more complicated than what is written in this post. The phrase "snitches get stitches" is not a joke. Violence, access, and money rule the streets. This is the state of the community.

It is not always as simple as free rent from mom. It can be food, protection, clothes, cars, and many other things power can provide. And these things "mom" may not ever have had access to in terms of living standards.

It is correct that one or even many individuals might be willing to stand up against the problem. But are they willing to put their homes, children, cars, etc... at risk? Everyone has vulnerabilities, and the "troublemakers" exploit whatever that is.

Also, many church-going and otherwise law-abiding souls are forced to comply under pressure and threats of all sorts of violence and mayhem. Some Pastor's have quiet "agreements" with the street element in order to protect their congregation.

It shouldn't matter where or what your doing. People are being killed at an alarming pace. I don't care of those two cousins were turning tricks or dealing crack or just got lost. Two more people dead. Last time I checked, the FBI didn't differentiate on its murder statistics who was a "bad" guy and who was a "good" guy. It just said "MURDERS"

lilpup Guest

You should care. It's all reflective of the variety of issues in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    You should care. It's all reflective of the variety of issues in the area.
    Reread my comment. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    it's time for a new police chief...
    It's time to bring in the national guard..
    Take back our city!
    Call the national guard! To do what? National guards standing on the outside can't stop a spontaneous shooting that could occur inside a club, house, business, school etc. Most of these killings are done by perpatrators who knew the victims or who was hired to kill their victims. Some of the crimes are done randomly such as the young man who were shot for his glasses or the boy who was shot which sparked the Ayanna Jones shooting. National Guards are good for civil unrest and disasters. I know that it is scary in this city. We need to get rid of the "No Snitch Policy" that many of the residents of this city abide by. Increase policing which city council don't want to see happen. Community participation and cooperation from this convenience stores by not allowing pandhandlers around the doors and the pumps

I assumed this was the same story but no, two MORE females found:

http://www.freep.com/article/2011122...text|FRONTPAGE

DETROIT -

An investigation is underway after two bodies were found burned inside a vehicle on Detroit's east side.

According to the Detroit Police Department, firefighters responded to a scene at Lannette Street and Queen Street around 1 a.m. Sunday. Two bodies were found inside the trunk of the burning vehicle, which was inside the garage of a home.

The Detroit Police Department confirms the victims were females. The bodies were burned beyond recognition, police said.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2...d/-/index.html

Four dead women found stuffed in trunks within a week.

Fucking insanity.

And the two men found shot in the abandoned house... that 6 total in less than two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Four dead women found stuffed in trunks within a week.

Fucking insanity.

Look man we goots do something about this spike in crime wrve been experiencing

Godbee said that three of the four women were involved in an adult dating service listed at Backpage.com.
    The news is about to run buckthefuckwild.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast