Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default R I P Kim Jong Il

R I P

RIP all right. He did have a little je ne sais quoi, didnt he?

When will the hurting stop??! Well, this is f!@#cking hilarious. Rick Perry has goofed again!

Another week, another Rick Perry gaffe, this time concerning the big news item of the day, the death of Kim Jong-Il. What could Perry get so wrong about the late North Korean dictator, about whom it’s hard to say anything controversial because nearly everyone in America agrees he’s a Very Bad Man? His name. “In an email statement regarding the death of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Il, Rick Perry mistakenly referred to the despot as Kim Jong the Second,” reports Think Progress. [[The posting on Perry’s website has since been updated with the correct spelling.) We see what happened: some sans-serif news brief on his death tripped up a Perry PR person, as a upper-case I and a lower-case l next to one another can easily be mistaken for “II” — i.e., “the Second.”
    The presents keep coming out of Ni**erhead park...
    Last edited by Whitehouse; December-19-11 at 07:07 PM.

Good riddance that that guy who thinks he's God! North Korea needs to end their "Animal Farm" communist enviroment before its too late. Lots of people were starving. Most of their cities are almost deserted and people went to jail and gulag camps under Kim Jong Il. I hop the people in North Korea just wake up from fake utopia and smell reality.

I really need to post this one! Ten years ago the Delta Lloyds insurance company in the Netherlands made this commercial. First time I saw this I had to clean my television from the coffee I spilled!!

WARNING!! REMOVE ALL LIQUIDS IN ORDER TO PREVENT DAMAGE!!

And..... the truth behind the grief.

That's a good one W house.

My dad, now 76 years old, saw the news the other day, and at first thought it read KING KONG DEAD... No, Dad, it was Kim Jong.

.... lol Papasito... at least he's not hanging around Texas Gov. Rick Perry....

That's what happens when you have ambiguity in the alphabet... "Kim Jong Il".... some folks will surely think that his successor will be Kim Jong III...

Someone should slap whoever invented sans serif fonts. They create exactly the same ambiguity—for zero benefit—that a properly designed font should prevent.

I remember a now-defunct website where people would commit identity theft by exploiting that ambiguity. It became vitally important to avoid creating usernames containing "I" or "l" or else someone would create a lookalike name just to impersonate others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Someone should slap whoever invented sans serif fonts. They create exactly the same ambiguity—for zero benefit—that a properly designed font should prevent.

I remember a now-defunct website where people would commit identity theft by exploiting that ambiguity. It became vitally important to avoid creating usernames containing "I" or "l" or else someone would create a lookalike name just to impersonate others.
    Jim, I agree 1000%. That's why on the Detroit Opera House thread about a PBS concert for a new group that's a cross between the 3 Tenors and Jonas Brothers... why I always capitalized their group name... IL VOLO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Jim, I agree 1000%. That's why on the Detroit Opera House thread about a PBS concert for a new group that's a cross between the 3 Tenors and Jonas Brothers... why I always capitalized their group name... IL VOLO.
    That's a great example. I circumvented the problem above by using the Courier New font but "Il Volo" looks awkward in an Ariel context.

FWIW, Identifont.com can help identify the name of a font by answering a series of questions about key features of character images.

lit joe Guest

Who gets the fancy pajamas.

A news anchor in Quebec was demoted this week for announcing Kim Jong the second's death too. The item was picked up by a french website but the TV network pulled the plug on the Youtube video.http://www.entrevue.fr/une-journalis...ct-video-16408
    Last edited by canuck; December-23-11 at 10:30 PM.