Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does anyone elses computer freeze up when pressing the "submit thread" button?

Every time I press the "submit button" or reply button" to send a comment my system locks up?

Just me?

what browser?

I get it every now & then for the reply button. It happens more so at home than at work. This seems strange to me because I have a better connection at home.

How long has this been happening? Have you changed or updated your browser since it started?
    Could be an incompatibility between Vbulletin and your browser or a problem with javascript. Clean your cache in your browser and do a reboot.

Not just you! Today I've experienced the page freezing with IE giving me a message that DYes is not responding. Fortunately have not lost any of the posts I had written. Let's see what happens now...

Hi,
    Just submitted my first post. Didn't freeze, I'm using Safari. I agree with jcole's advice. Clearing the cache and restarting typically helps with browser issues.
    -Roger

Hit the reply button...and screen freezes. This time I walked away from the computer...and when I came back, my reply had posted.

Update: This post posted instantly. No freeze at all. Who knows why any of this computer weirdness happens. Seems like it is something different every couple days. Even at work.
    Last edited by Kathleen; December-18-11 at 09:30 PM.

Never had a problem. I use Chrome on Linux mostly, but also Firefox.

Clearing browser cache and restarting is a pretty typical Windows fix.

I'm still randomly getting the "are you sure you want to leave this page message".... about 10% of the time when I go from one thread to another, or when going to the "first unread" message.

I have little problem in that area. Have lost my screen when editing my posts though. But only once in a while. I'm on an older Apple Macbook using Firefox my browser of preference as it gives me the least trouble...
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-19-11 at 09:43 AM.

It has been happening so frequently that now when I write a longer reply, I copy it into notebook first so I can retrieve it if it disappears.

What is "clearing the cache"? How does one do it? Maybe that's my problem.

Don't mean to thread jack but also my number of posts becomes stuck at certain numbers for a while. I send the administrators a note and they fix it but I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing. Anybody else having this problem?

What browser are you using? what operating system?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I'm still randomly getting the "are you sure you want to leave this page message".... about 10% of the time when I go from one thread to another, or when going to the "first unread" message.
    This has been happening to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What browser are you using? what operating system?
    Microsoft Internet Explorer and Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    Under Win7 and MSIE Version 9, it looks to be under 'Tools' / 'Internet options' / 'Browsing History'. Then click 'delete' -- which won't actually delete anything. But it brings up a screen to choose what you want to delete. Certainly delete 'saved files', and choose ONLY the temporary files option, and maybe the cookies option. Temporary file deletion is safe. Cookies are little records left by websites about your visit. They help identify you for banks [[good) and advertisers and spammers [[bad). Cookie deletion can cause some sites to forget you. That might be good [[privacy) or bad [[banking site requiring you to answer more security questions). Make your own decision here. Do make sure you close down the browser completely each day. And on Windoze, also reboot daily if possible. Give consideration to the Firefox browser. Its not written by a greedy power-hungry corporation directly, so its more concerned about you and your security and usability than the ability of websites to torture you. If you have another browser or other questions, write.

Under IE 9, there is no Saved Files option to delete. It's directly under Temporary Internet Files. Delete those and the cookies, as WM suggests.
    I find that Chrome works better than either IE or Firefox

I'm having these problems as well. I've been copying my comments before I hit post, just in case.

I keep getting a script not responding message when I'm reading posts thru FireFox version Firefox 3.6.24
    Last edited by EZZ; December-19-11 at 11:29 PM. Reason: found FireFox version

While we're on browser and or forum issues, why is it that whenever I log in, here, all of the posts are already marked as read?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Not just you! Today I've experienced the page freezing with IE giving me a message that DYes is not responding.
    I get that too. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    the page freezing with IE giving me a message that DYes is not responding..
    Mine too..

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    Every time I press the "submit button" or reply button" to send a comment my system locks up?

Just me?
    I experienced like this once. Fortunately, everything's fine now. I don't know what happened.

Yesterday my IE froze while "waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net...."

If it does it again I might block traffic from that server to see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    Go to the little gear in the upper right corner of IE and click on it. At the bottom of the dropdown, go to Internet Options. On the general tab, find browsing history and hit the delete button and put a check by Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then hit delete at the bottom.

Not sure if it had anything to do with it as I'm not sure how far west the problem went, but there was a major fiber outage on the east coast that affect at least Maine to New York.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast