Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sports Bombshell - Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Arrested as Alleged Major Drug Dealer

Wow! Purportedly he was supplying several players in the league. This story is shaping up to be one of those drip, drip, drip stories as we learn who his customers were, like steroids but with far more serious consequences. I hope there are no Lions on his list.

Police suspect he is one of the top dealers in Chicago and reportedly have a list of players they claim he supplied with illegal drugs.

The list is 'in the double-digits,' unnamed law enforcement sources told the radio station 670 The Score.

Link

He's making just under 700k this year with a multi-year contract. How bloomin' dumb can you get?

Yeah, this could be a most interesting story. Stay tuned.

Hey, unlike the NBA, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed, he was just developing multiple streams of income in case he got cut.

I remember one of the guys in the Cocaine Cowboys cocaine documentary saying that he remembers partying with the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive line before one of their Superbowls.

DA BEARS

Legalize it all, already.

Our highly-paid gladiators deserve to have some stress relief, too, not just the connected politicos and the one-percenters.

He was obviously getting too big for his britches, and tried to go around somebody connected...and was put out as an example against those who might attempt to do the same.

You've got to use official CIA-sponsored distribution, or else!

Sincerely,
    John

The manager of the Tech Hifi in Dearborn was reportedly the main source for cocaine to the Lions players of the mid-seventies. Heard that from too many to doubt it completely.

I know a guy who was a source of weed for 'em in the 80s.

This has been going on since time-out-of-mind. It shouldn't be illegal, there will ALWAYS be a source and a buyer...not unlike the oldest profession, it will never be eliminated in any society.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    He's making just under 700k this year with a multi-year contract. How bloomin' dumb can you get?

Yeah, this could be a most interesting story. Stay tuned.
    lol...

I will pull out the smallest violin in the world to play for him...

Idiot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Hey, unlike the NBA, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed, he was just developing multiple streams of income in case he got cut.
    That's what savings accounts and the stock market are for.

Even if you don't know how to utilize the stock market, any dummy can open a savings account and deposit money into it. Just putting 25% of each of their checks into a savings account adds up nicely [[over 5 years 25% of $58,000 per month is $14,000, $14,000x12=$168,000, $168,000x5=$840,000, and they sitll have plenty of spending money to live the "hood rich" lifestyle [[$44,000 per month!).

So you're tellling me he couldn't find any way to get his over $10,000 per week [[over $50,000 per month) to accrue into a decent rainy day fund in the past 5 years without turning to illegal means? Yeah right, I have a bridge to sell you on Mars for anyone who accepts that excuse.
    Last edited by 313WX; December-18-11 at 01:13 PM.

lit joe Guest

Cocaine what a trash drug, cost to much produces very little low on the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    That's what savings accounts and the stock market are for.

Even if you don't know how to utilize the stock market, any dummy can open a savings account and deposit money into it. Just putting 25% of each of their checks into a savings account adds up nicely [[over 5 years 25% of $58,000 per month is $14,000, $14,000x12=$168,000, $168,000x5=$840,000, and they sitll have plenty of spending money to live the "hood rich" lifestyle [[$44,000 per month!).

So you're tellling me he couldn't find any way to get his over $10,000 per week [[over $50,000 per month) to accrue into a decent rainy day fund in the past 5 years without turning to illegal means? Yeah right, I have a bridge to sell you on Mars for anyone who accepts that excuse.
    You are absolutely right. The slow, sure way is the way to go. Sometimes guys like Hurd and Mike Vick don't think in that manner. The first thing that crossed my mind when Vick got busted was if he wanted to help his homeboys out so much, why didn't he set up a construction company or some other legitimate operation so his boys could make some money , build some wealth etc, etc.

Some of these guys still have that "street mentality" even as millionaires and football is just another hustle for them.

Also some of these guys have the maturity of a pre-teen and might be broke for all we know.