Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Lawsuit Alleges Metro Airport CEO Search Was a Sham

Article lead in: "Activist Robert Davis has filed a lawsuit alleging members of the Wayne County Airport Authority skirted the open meetings law to secretly hire Turkia Mullin as airport CEO, and he claims he's got the emails to prove it."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...am-20111215-ms

Another day another political scandal. I yawn at this stuff, now. So long as its being investigated and going through the courts, I can't be bothered to keep up with all of this crap already brought to the justice system, and I'm certainly not going to let it raise my blood pressure. The local media is certainly happy in helping to create this overdramatic political theater [["and he claims he's got the emails to prove it.").

Corrupt politician/official is corrupt. In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.
    Last edited by Dexlin; December-16-11 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Another day another political scandal. I yawn at this stuff, now. So long as its being investigated and going through the courts, I can't be bothered to keep up with all of this crap already brought to the justice system, and I'm certainly not going to let it raise my blood pressure. The local media is certainly happy in helping to create this overdramatic political theater [["and he claims he's got the emails to prove it.").

Corrupt politician/official is corrupt. In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

I agree with you blood pressure sentiment, but I also think that people shouldn't get indignant if any of the Grosse Pointes want to leave Wayne County.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I agree with you blood pressure sentiment, but I also think that people shouldn't get indignant if any of the Grosse Pointes want to leave Wayne County.
    Maybe Detroit should leave Wayne County?

I hope Mullin doesn't get one red dime. Who the hell does she think she is?

Judge: Airport Authority Violated State Act in Hiring Ex-CEO Mullin

The Detroit Metropolitan Airport Authority violated the state's Open Meetings Act during the hiring of its now-fired chief executive, according to a Wayne County Circuit Court judge...

Colombo's ruling, in response to an activist challenging meetings held by the Airport Authority that led to Mullin being hired, does not invalidate her hiring.
    So they violated the Open Meetings Act on the front end, and now Mullin's suit will determine if they violated it on the back end.

Turkia Awada Mullin not owed a penny, lawsuit alleges

Turkia Awada Mullin doesn't deserve anything after being fired as CEO of Metro Airport because her employment contract was illegal, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

Labor activist Robert Davis filed the suit in Wayne County Circuit Court, asking a judge to invalidate not only Mullin's contract, but the airport's contract with Trustinus, the Southfield-based search firm that interviewed candidates last summer before the board selected Mullin for the $250,000-a-year job.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011122...awsuit-alleges

ROTFL! This was all so OBVIOUS! 'Friends and Family' deal gone bad due to folks being greedy and in the end acting indignant for being 'called out' on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    The Turk is overcooked......and we still have 6 more courses to go....then dessert Happy Holidays BOB!

What's the old saying, "It's not what you know, but who you _low"

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    What's the old saying, "It's not what you know, but who you _low"
    What was that amusement park island downriver called???

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Another day another political scandal. I yawn at this stuff, now.
    the point is to make a big deal about this so the other 20 contracts of people getting paid "to quit" get aired out. without the attention we would have no clue how many of these backroom deals were going on. everyone who touched these contracts needs to be investigated and brought to justice.

yawning just allows them to slink around some more.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    What was that amusement park island downriver called???
    Bois Blanc.... aka Bob-lo Island.