Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit 2011..."your" Feel Good Year in Review

With another year passing us by, what were your highlights of times spent, feel good stories, new restaurants/food, development and rumors, politics, and all things Detroit!

Listen to this song by Smokey Robinson "I care about Detroit" while reading and typing, should give you that feel good moment! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7fWuLjK0JI

Unfortunately living out of state, my time in the city has been limited. But making it back for a couple of weekend this past year has made a big enough impression on me.

Simple things like a trash chute and buck hoist on the Broderick Tower...YES, financing is place and construction has started! Dan Gilbert thank you for your various purchases and Webward movement [[might even consider giving Quickn Loans and Family some business.)

Thankful for the Detroit Tigers and their playoff run......Detroit Lions having one of their best seasons in years! I will even throw in the renaming of the basketball court at U of D, to the Dick Vitale Court.

Stopping to get some tamales at La Gloria before heading to the parents house.

A quick stop for a Burger and Beer at the favorite watering holes.

MASS TRANSIT - the on again off again talk about high speed, low speed, connectors, bus, people mover, horse and carriage....etc.....

The prison roll call for the year from Kwame, Kim, et al. [[this could be another thread in itself)

Yes, I Care about Detroit and will always be proud to call it my hometown!

Nice post...especially with all the transit woes around here! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Stromberg2