Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ficano: $350K for legal costs

Ficano: $350K for legal costs

He will ask county to OK contract to answer subpoenas

From article: 'His administration today is set to ask county commissioners to consider a $350,000 contract with Thomas Cranmer and his colleagues and Miller Canfield to gather materials sought by a grand jury through eight subpoenas.

An incredulous Commissioner Laura Cox, R-Livonia, said that's atop almost $50,000 the county has paid Cranmer — so the scandal that has swirled around Ficano since September is impacting taxpayers.

"Why do we have to pay a criminal defense attorney to do this is beyond me," Cox said.'

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111...O01/112140355/
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-15-11 at 08:35 AM.

Utter horse-sh!t.

They don't need a lawyer to fully cooperate with the investigation. We don't need taxpayer funded lawyers telling them what evidence they can and cannot destroy.

F#ck Ficano.

Need info... Does anybody have an update on the petition to recall Ficano? When and where can we sign it?

good question, i wrote that lawyer guy, Covertino [[sp) who was behind the recall. Got a note back saying "stand by".

That was early November.

Well, they unanimously denied it, even when he lowered the amount to 150K. Kudos to them.

interesting.. I wonder when any indictments, if any, will come out of this.. hopefully it happens sooner than later..

I'm not paying that wife cheater my hard earned tax money. Ficano has his own money. Why not pay his legal fees iwith it.

The request was denied thank goodness!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ed-20111215-ms

If/when he's indited does the county have to pay his legal fees then? Lord I hope not.

Wayne County rejects legal contract fee

From article: "Commissioners rejected a $150,000 contract for outside legal counsel – and they’re calling this a victory for the taxpayers"

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...l-contract-fee

DENIED,DENIED,DENIED..................What a Dumbass................