Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default CC Bats - the Insurgent. Mister hit and run.

That Bats [[CC) is at it again. He's a real hit and run guy, making quick, hard hitting comments and cute remarks to every post on DY. CC must be superhuman, or maybe he's computer generated. The guy is prolific. I am AMAZED at his ability to read, critique and comment on every single issue of the day. CC, when are you starting your own website and blog? Man, am I ever looking forward to that.

cheddar bob Guest

You know there's an ignore function, right? Works great except for when people quote him.

I myself could never post enuff stuff that get people worked up as much as CC does.

not so much worked up as laughing hysterically

Cc who ? The man is a legend in his own mind.

This message is hidden because ccbatson is on your ignore list.

detmich Guest

What is wrong with you people? The guy just posts like everyone else. Get over it. This whole thread is a little immature.

I think he actually helps by assisting others to point out the specifics of whats wrong with many of the far right's arguments. A First Amendment basis is that if you allow everyone to speak, the wrong ideas will become obvious. Whereas silencing certain viewpoints removes the ability for people to learn just how wrong some ideas are. Its why talk show hosts on the right and left either don't ask the other side questions or interrupt their answers. If you want to learn something, watch the round table discussions.
    Last edited by mjs; June-08-09 at 10:34 AM.

Quote: "This whole thread is a little immature."

I'm starting to like you

Quote: "I think he actually helps by assisting others to point"

I think he's legitimately more intelligent than the majority of you/us, and you can't deal with it. He doesn't bother me at all. On the contrary, his insights although seemingly skewed at times, are refreshing.

I'm saying he doesn't bother me and that he provides a counterpoint. He definently keeps the place interesting and most of my responses to him is to join in as part of the entertainment. Sometimes I think the majority of the stuff he says is just to entertain himself by watching everyone else's reaction.

I'd say Oladub provides the most amount of ideas that come from a new perspective and he provides alot more sources, but Batson is right in that this is a left leaning board. But hey, its a board about Detroit and Detroit hasn't even ran republicans in decades. I'd expect GrandRapidsYes would be fairly right leaning.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Sometimes I think the majority of the stuff he says is just to entertain himself by watching everyone else's reaction.
    That's called "trolling." Ccbatson is a troll. Let's look at the facts:

He's got nearly 1500 posts already, more than almost any other person here. And almost ALL of them are in the "non-Detroit" forum. Why? This is DetroitYES, why doesn't he post more stuff in the main Detroit forum? Because he's here specifically to troll a "left-wing" forum and he can't do his political baiting in the main forum so he does it in this one.

Since he participates almost exclusively in political discussions in a forum that's about Detroit, I have to wonder, why post here at all? Why not post on a political forum? Answer: he's here to stir the pot. It's truly sad and pathetic actually, that a grown man gets his jollies by trolling people on an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "I think he actually helps by assisting others to point"

I think he's legitimately more intelligent than the majority of you/us, and you can't deal with it. He doesn't bother me at all. On the contrary, his insights although seemingly skewed at times, are refreshing.
    Legitimately more intelligent huh? At first I wanted you to qualify that statement, but now, not so much. I think I can find you some pond water that is also quite refreshing if it's dumped over you, but you may not necessarily want to drink it.
    Last edited by Islandman; June-08-09 at 01:52 PM.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Legitimately more intelligent huh? At first I wanted you to qualify that statement, but now, not so much. I think I can find you some pond water that is also quite refreshing if it's dumpled over you, but you may not necessarily want to drink it.
    Damn islandman, did you just eat a shwarma? get some mints dude.

Hey detmich, thanks for recognizing one of my finer qualities. In case you don't get it - it's immaturity. I've also been known to be humourous, sarcastic and facetious. Or is it facetiousity? Oh well, it's fun regardless.

BTW, I'm not irritated nor am I really interested in CC Bats posts. I'm more curious about his/her/its rapid fire, glib delivery. Serious? Intelligent? You gotta be kidding.

detmich Guest

Wait, 1keilsondrive and Islandman are the same person? Cool to know.

detmich, you've only discovered one of my personalities.

""Wait, 1keilsondrive and Islandman are the same person?""

Yeah Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by detmich View Post
    Damn islandman, did you just eat a shwarma? get some mints dude.
    Detmich, I have no idea who 1KielsonDrive is, but I concur with him entirely.

People on this site have actually met me.

Back to your quote: Would you like it if I ate 2-3 of those delicious treats without wiping my hands or eating a mint, then ran around and shook hands and said hello to everyone in the room? The answer is no, yet that is what happens here on a daily basis.

I know walls that listen better than some people on here. Posting inane, nonsensical shit is speech to some people, just like you can shit on a piece of cardboard and call it art.

To be honest thought, don't really care, it's just funny how some people defend him and don't see how fucking annoying he is to MOST people. Seems these are also the people that haven't had to listen to years of the same BS from him or people that [[gasp!) agree with him.

But, as CheddarBob pointed out, the Ignore function does the trick, though the quoters kill it sometimes.

Quote: "some people defend him and don't see how fucking annoying he is to MOST people. "

Fuckinay dude, just ignore his posts. There is no rule here that says you must read every thread and post therein. There are entire threads I never read because they don't interest me.

Quote: "some people defend him and don't see how fucking annoying he is to MOST people. "

Fuckinay dude, just ignore his posts. There is no rule here that says you must read every thread and post therein. There are entire threads I never read because they don't interest me.
    I just said that is what I do. What you don't get is that there are interesting topics that get railroaded because of his obssesive compulsion, as well as superficial agenda. If you don't see how that is a detriment to this entire community, I guess you don't mind floating pieces of shit in a public pool either.

"Just swim over there!"

Good answer.

I have to admit, these are some of the worst analogies I've ever read. I thought mine sucked. oy

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I just said that is what I do. What you don't get is that there are interesting topics that get railroaded because of his obssesive compulsion, as well as superficial agenda. If you don't see how that is a detriment to this entire community, I guess you don't mind floating pieces of shit in a public pool either.

"Just swim over there!"

Good answer.
    IM, CC is far from the largest detrimental force in this "community". Sstashmoo is right, don't read his posts. It really is that simple.

The problem with that is that it kills good discussions. I don't want to click on 15 threads to find 4 or 5 that would be worthwhile to read or continue.

Just take a look at the topics on this forum. I'm sure more than 80% of them have ccbatson as the author of the last post.

Quote: "some people defend him and don't see how ***** annoying he is to MOST people. "

****dude, just ignore his posts. There is no rule here that says you must read every thread and post therein. There are entire threads I never read because they don't interest me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast