Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Honesty

Default Honesty

There's a difference between a North racist and a Southern Racist.

A northern racist, would pretend to be your best friend. They would act as civil as possible, even try to pat you on the back. They would sometimes deny that they are racists even those some hints may come out over time.

A southern racist, wouldn't hide the fact that they are racists. They would wear it as a badge of honor. They would call you nigger and anything just to get an excuse to start a fight.

Which brings me to Detroit.

There are those who care and don't give a damn.

And then there are those that pretend to care.

The last one I mentioned, those are the worse. And they are everywhere. Even on the Detroit side of 8 mile.

People here in city government have lately been acting for themselves. This has been occurring for years.

I'm going to admit. As a Detroit citizen, some of the people elected into office shouldn't be there now. Yet the bed is made, and the citizens all have to sleep in it now, or run away as fast as possible, if possible. Those that are left now, are those that are unable to move away, or have decided to stay.

I'm also going to be honest with my views on the current regional leaders. They are the biggest obstacles to Detroit's revival to date.

LBP is an asshole. He's been that way for years. As long as he is alive, Metro Detroit will never move forward.

The Detroit City Council and the Mayor's inability to get anything done, is another. It leaves Detroit with a lotta debt and a continued legacy of decay.

County government, excluding Oakland county. What are they doing beside nothing? I'm still waiting on that answer.

And last but not least.....Gov. Rick Snyder.

I have to save the best for last. His campaign dedication to making sure that Metro Detroit would have a decent mass transit system under his tenure convinced me that he was a better choice for governor of Michigan.

Today, I think I have made the worst decision of my life. I believe now that I voted in a potential dictator.

After the implementation of his PA 4, cities in financial straits like Benton Harbor, Flint, Pontiac [[the county seat for OC, where the asshole works), Highland Park, and the Detroit Public Schools District, [[which were already under an Emergency Financial Manager) were put under a more powerful Emergency Financial Manager, which gave them the power to even fire people in governmental positions.

Soon to be implemented in Detroit.

With Detroit in a financial decline and its government attempting to solving the problem on its own, the State is preparing to send in an EFM for Detroit. The Gov. says he doesn't want to do that, but he will if he considers it necessary.

But most people have a good idea of what's going to happen in the next few months. The only protests are coming from those left in the city.

It's amazing how the federal government is working on bringing democracy to the world while the city of Detroit and every predominately African-American city in Michigan is one step closer to becoming under the rule of a state appointed ruler. Nothing is happening from the federal end.

I would respect people more if they just say "Who gives a fuck about Detroit?" "We don't...We don't!" Than pretend to care.

People who pretend to care are the worst people in the world.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post

A northern racist, would pretend to be your best friend. They would act as civil as possible, even try to pat you on the back. They would sometimes deny that they are racists even those some hints may come out over time.

A southern racist, wouldn't hide the fact that they are racists. They would wear it as a badge of honor. They would call you nigger and anything just to get an excuse to start a fight.

The last one I mentioned, those are the worse. And they are everywhere. Even on the Detroit side of 8 mile.

People here in city government have lately been acting for themselves. This has been occurring for years.

I'm going to admit. As a Detroit citizen, some of the people elected into office shouldn't be there now. Yet the bed is made, and the citizens all have to sleep in it now, or run away as fast as possible, if possible. Those that are left now, are those that are unable to move away, or have decided to stay.

I'm also going to be honest with my views on the current regional leaders. They are the biggest obstacles to Detroit's revival to date.

LBP is an asshole. He's been that way for years. As long as he is alive, Metro Detroit will never move forward.

The Detroit City Council and the Mayor's inability to get anything done, is another. It leaves Detroit with a lotta debt and a continued legacy of decay.

County government, excluding Oakland county. What are they doing beside nothing? I'm still waiting on that answer.

I have to save the best for last. His campaign dedication to making sure that Metro Detroit would have a decent mass transit system under his tenure convinced me that he was a better choice for governor of Michigan.

Today, I think I have made the worst decision of my life. I believe now that I voted in a potential dictator.

After the implementation of his PA 4, cities in financial straits like Benton Harbor, Flint, Pontiac [[the county seat for OC, where the asshole works), Highland Park, and the Detroit Public Schools District, [[which were already under an Emergency Financial Manager) were put under a more powerful Emergency Financial Manager, which gave them the power to even fire people in governmental positions.

With Detroit in a financial decline and its government attempting to solving the problem on its own, the State is preparing to send in an EFM for Detroit. The Gov. says he doesn't want to do that, but he will if he considers it necessary.

But most people have a good idea of what's going to happen in the next few months. The only protests are coming from those left in the city.

It's amazing how the federal government is working on bringing democracy to the world while the city of Detroit and every predominately African-American city in Michigan is one step closer to becoming under the rule of a state appointed ruler. Nothing is happening from the federal end.

I would respect people more if they just say "Who gives a fuck about Detroit?" "We don't...We don't!" Than pretend to care.

Question....are you speaking of a Northern Black racist and a Southern Black racist?

I agree with you.

Just a few examples.

Bing taking a salary for 3 months and dropping this news on a Friday afternoon.

Snyder and Bing speaking up light rail when they KNEW they whipped up plans to abort it.

Who thinks like this? Sociopaths. How can you just lie through your teeth like this and keep a straight face and look people in the eye?

We either get bigots, incompetents, criminals and smiling Napoleons with delusions of grandeur.

Is it something in the water?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post

So, by your definition, the biggest racist in Detroit for the past 20 years has been Kwame Kilpatrick.

But you'd rather blame white folks and people that you clearly believe associate with the white folks you hate...[[Bing! Bing! Bing!).

You speak nothing of any real issues, and you bypass the fact that some elected officials are simply not fit to be in elected office, don't know what they are doing, might be in the pocket of corporate donors, etc., etc. Rather, in this pea-brained way of thinking, it is all about keeping some race down.\

So, I say, that your post is one of the most racist posts I've ever read in these forums.

Buy American, as to answer your question, I used racists as an example to prove my point.

I probably should have shorten my post to get to the main point and that is this:

People that pretend to care, are the worst people in the world. I'd have more respect for a person that didn't give a damn. This subject pertains to Detroit as well.

I'm sure anyone can agree with this statement:

People that pretend to care about Detroit, are the worst in the world.