Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit - 560,000 Registered Voters but only 523,4300 people over the age 18 !!

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...8-census-finds

the city is truly a Democrats dream.... more voters than actual people!!!

I think the article explains nicely why this is not such an awful thing.

The problem with this article is that it assumes that Census numbers should track voter registrations. But there's all kinds of reasons that it won't in addition to the reasons outlined in the article. This can include:

- College students registered to vote in one community but counted by their parents in the census numbers.
    - Military personnel registered to vote in a community but not counted in the census numbers.

Those are the most obvious ones. But even looking at the Wayne County numbers Nancy Kaffer used from the D3 site, why focus on Detroit? In Northville City census tract #5602, the numbers break down this way.

4242 - Registered Voters
    4583 - Total population
    92.5% population is registered voters
    82% is 18+ per the population

Does that mean that the City of Northville is a hotbed of fake voter registrations? I'm sure Nancy's commentary will be spun across right-wing blogs as proof of Detroit's fraud-ridden voter rolls while examples in conservative suburban communities will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    I'm sure Nancy's commentary will be spun across right-wing blogs as proof of Detroit's fraud-ridden voter rolls while examples in conservative suburban communities will be ignored.
    Yes, I'm sure that Detroit's out-of-date voter rolls [[out of date for the good reasons mentioned in the article) will be taken by the Republicans as yet more evidence in their seemingly endless quest for all that [[non-existent) voter fraud out there that keeps preventing them from winning every election. And all the more reason why we need to work harder to keep all those obviously fraud perpetrating Negroes and Messicans from voting [[or governing).

Northville will, of course, not rate a mention.

Detroit - 560,000 Registered Voters but only 5,234,300 people over the age 18 !!

Wow that only looks like ten percent are registed to vote, that is fishy!

My grandmother and I lived nearby and voted at the same place. It took them years after her death to get her off the registered voters list.

I'm a current registered Detroit voter, but I was living out of the country during the 2010 Census and wasn't counted. I guess I'm...fake?