Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

IMPORTANT NOTICE: A post from yesterday containing several outstanding pictures of the new interior has been taken offline upon objections of the content holder TRAVERSEHOTELS360 from which they were copied and reposted here with out permission and/or attribution.

We remind all to kindly respect the ownership of content as clearly stated in our rules of participation to which all forum members have agreed upon joining this forum.

7-Pictures, text or any content that you post must be your property or permitted for posting by the contents' owners or fall under fair use acceptability. If you post content belonging to a permitted outside source, it must be credited to the owners by name and link, if one exists. Posts using non-permitted content may be removed without notice or explanation upon discovery...

NOTE TO CONTENT OWNERS. We respect your rights of ownership. We try our best to see that your property rights are respected by our membership. If content you own has been posted on these forums that you wish not to be posted, please contact us immediately by using the Contact Us links at the bottom of any page... from Forum FAQ
    The content owner was generous in mentioning that he would not have objected to his images being posted had his work been properly accredited and linked to his site.

The pictures in question and several more outstanding images may be viewed here on his site TRAVERSEHOTELS360.

Saw this in Crain's article about the hotel opening, just goes to show the strength the housing market. They've only been leasing for a few months and I believe on a per foot basis these are the most expensive units downtown and they're gone in basically no time,

All 108 apartments at The Residences at the David Whitney have been leased, and all of the hotel’s available 136 rooms were sold out for its first weekend, he said.
    Last edited by MSUguy; December-22-14 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Saw this in Crain's article about the hotel opening, just goes to show just how strong the housing market. They've only been leasing for a few months and I believe on a per foot basis these are the most expensive units downtown and they're gone in basically no time,

All 108 apartments at The Residences at the David Whitney have been leased, and all of the hotel’s available 136 rooms were sold out for its first weekend, he said.
    No, no that's not possible. We all know there is no demand for downtown or midtown; everyone wants to live in Birmingham.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  41.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  36.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1284
Size:  23.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  36.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    No, no that's not possible. We all know there is no demand for downtown or midtown; everyone wants to live in Birmingham.
    Well we know things are changing . I was just there last night having cocktails at the new bar WXYZ, with my friends that are in the know about the place.
    they are completely booked until after the auto show.
    I'll post some pics too .
    By the way ,I'm glad I could have the place to myself ,once word of mouth gets out about this place you won't be able to get into this place ! It will be over run with quicken loans people and "bridge and tunnel crowds " mark my words . JK ... Not really :-[[
    Last edited by Detroitdave; December-23-14 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Edit

View the magnificent restored David Whitney Atrium in 360 degree panorama. [Click image below to View Online >> When you visit the panorama, drag you mouse or finger around on image to see full interior]

Hey, if someone can get the time, can they go get a few pictures of the Grand Circus Park People Mover station? I was told by email from someone with the DTC that it's actually not a renovation of the current station, but a full-on reconstruction. I was told that they are moving the station to the northwest corner of the building inside the building, though, it still won't be directly accessible from the building [[at least not during the whole schedule of the PM). It'll finally be ADA accessible. I hope I understood the source right. Anyway, let me know what you guys are seeing down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Hey, if someone can get the time, can they go get a few pictures of the Grand Circus Park People Mover station? I was told by email from someone with the DTC that it's actually not a renovation of the current station, but a full-on reconstruction. I was told that they are moving the station to the northwest corner of the building inside the building, though, it still won't be directly accessible from the building [[at least not during the whole schedule of the PM). It'll finally be ADA accessible. I hope I understood the source right. Anyway, let me know what you guys are seeing down there.
    I haven't heard about that but the station is still closed and there appears to be no way to get inside to see its status. I can see it from the DetroitYES office but paper wrappers conceal what may be going on inside.

I'm reviving this thread because I noticed that they had taken off the paper wrapping that was on the windows of first floor retail space facing Woodward. Anyone hear of any goings on there? I believe that's the part the old Capper & Capper store was.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I'm reviving this thread because I noticed that they had taken off the paper wrapping that was on the windows of first floor retail space facing Woodward. Anyone hear of any goings on there? I believe that's the part the old Capper & Capper store was.
    Grand Cirque Brasserie was supposed to open in that space, but that project is on hold, so not sure what they are using for that space now.

https://detroit.eater.com/2017/1/27/...rque-brasserie

Quote Originally Posted by Rock N Rye View Post
    Grand Cirque Brasserie was supposed to open in that space, but that project is on hold, so not sure what they are using for that space now.

https://detroit.eater.com/2017/1/27/...rque-brasserie
    Oh! That's right...oh well. A small retailer would be nice...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13