Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Sherry Washington ordered to start prison term next month

'Whether she likes it or not, gallery owner Sherry Washington is going to prison next month for seven years for raiding millions from the Detroit Public Schools.'

http://www.freep.com/article/2011120...erm-next-month

Why give them time to get their ducks lined up and maybe go on the run? Why not just cuff'em and stuff'em right out of the courtroom?

Sorry, that's reserved for the rank and file criminals usually.

The 'click and tick' bourgeoisie types are yet coddled a bit before their time in the slammer.

After all it was a white collar crime........ so the justification goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Why give them time to get their ducks lined up and maybe go on the run? Why not just cuff'em and stuff'em right out of the courtroom?
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-11-11 at 10:51 AM.

Finally, Sherry got her comeuppance.

Questions about the no-bid questionable art acquisitions for Cobo and Cass Tech seem to have fallen off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Questions about the no-bid questionable art acquisitions for Cobo and Cass Tech seem to have fallen off the table.
    Yeah, it would be nice to see her face trial on that too, as well as some other shady dealings she's had over the years. Every time I walk by that "art" [[including the laughably bad picture with the head of Kwame Kilpatrick in it), I SMH.

Hey, help me with this. Everybody around her is rolling over on her to the feds. Yet she takes it to trial. Did she really think she was going to beat this ? Why not take whatever deal the Feds offered her and at least get a couple of years shaved off.

And then she delays now that prison time looms , who does she think she is Wesley Snipes

Sherry is evidently one of the DYKWTFIA set.
    Last edited by Detroitnerd; December-11-11 at 06:39 PM.

That is to say, the "don't you know who the f*ck I am" set.

DYKWTFIA?

How long have our civic leaders had the maturity of an eighth grade girl? That's like straight out of Mean Girls.

That's a good one! I'm remember that!! ROTFL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    That is to say, the "don't you know who the f*ck I am" set.