Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mystery man pays for everyone's breakfast in WIndsor diner.

Since someone posted the $187 Walmart mystery giver to raise everyone's Christmas spirit of giving, I'll post one about a Mystery giver near downtown Windsor who paid for everybody's breakfast a few days ago at a restaurant not even a few blocks from where I live. He gave $500 to the waitress and left before it was announced.

Lumberjack diners given $500 treat

Mystery man pays for everyone's breakfast

WINDSOR - Doris Fox still can’t stop herself from smiling when she recounts the story.
    It was a typical Thursday morning, as she says, and Fox was having breakfast with her husband, daughter and brother-in-law at the Lumberjack Restaurant at Tecumseh Road East and Howard Avenue.
    But what makes the morning special, Fox said, was that the waitress announced that the “gentleman who had been sitting by himself has paid for everybody’s breakfast.”
    “It brought me to tears,” Fox said Saturday, two days after the generous gesture.
    “We’re having a hard time financially and funds are limited, so to have somebody do such a nice gesture, I just couldn’t stop crying.”
    Tina Boomer was one of the waitresses working Thursday morning and said there were about 24 people in the restaurant and the man picked up the bill of more than $500.
    “He said ‘tell me what I owe, add $20 a head for each person in here and add an additional $40 for tipping,'” Boomer said.
    “He didn’t want us to say anything until he left the building so we just told everyone that the gentleman paid for everybody and said Merry Christmas.”
    Boomer said she recognized the man, who she described as in his 40s, but did not know his name or anything about him.
    She said another waitress knows him better but that they are going to respect his wish and help him stay anonymous.
    “During my 17 years as a waitress I’ve never seen anything like this,” Boomer said.
    “I don’t know why he did it but he sure made an impact on everyone.”
    Fox, 47, said the restaurant was buzzing with excitement after the announcement and another man said that we should all pay it forward.
    “He doesn’t know what kind of things people are going through and how touching it really is,” Fox said.
    “I just want him to know that he brightened everyone’s day in the restaurant and encouraged us all to do the same thing.”

It's stories like these that keeps me believing there's still plenty of good people in this world.

That guy is all heart there, definitely something good in the works for him.

With the WalMart thread and this one already started, I'm going to add my two cents. This morning while in the Tim Horton's drive thru in St Clair Shores [[9/Harper), the lady in front of me in a white SUV, with a Red Wings logo on the back, paid for my Ice Cap. Thank you!!! I am still smiling and plan on paying it forward.