Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Most Up-To-Date Site to View Addresses

Looked my old address on Wayburn, using www.vpike.com and the house and neighborhood still look good. Just spoke on Facebook with the current resident and he said that there are burned out and boarded houses on the block and that it looks horrible. Anyone know who is the most current in showing this kind of stuff? I like VPike because you can "drive" down the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldlady View Post
    Looked my old address on Wayburn, using www.vpike.com and the house and neighborhood still look good. Just spoke on Facebook with the current resident and he said that there are burned out and boarded houses on the block and that it looks horrible. Anyone know who is the most current in showing this kind of stuff? I like VPike because you can "drive" down the streets.
    The most up-to-date site is Detroit, the real one. You can drive down our streets, too!

vpike is just a site that uses google maps, just go directly to the google maps site...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    vpike is just a site that uses google maps, just go directly to the google maps site...
    Google maps aren't current....there is a business on the corner of Jefferson & Iron Street that still shows the old sign..the new business put up a new sign over two years ago. Google maps is still showing the old sign. I would do what antongast suggested....Go to the site !!!

Depends on the location. Google Earth updates their images periodically. Some are a few years old, others only a few months.

Buy American Guest

I just checked my old block and house on vpike and it's way out of date. The majority of homes are either burned down, boarded up, or demolished and this website shows a pretty nice block. Ah...the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    The most up-to-date site is Detroit, the real one. You can drive down our streets, too!
    It's also in 3D and you don't even have to wear any of those goofy glasses.

Can't visit the site in person...not very easily...it is almost 900 miles from me.

Closer to 2,000 for me, grumpy. On the other hand, after my last 'in person' visit to the old neighborhood [[Meyers & Schoolcraft), I really don't want to go back any more, anyway.