Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another famous Detroiter has passed - Harry Morgan of M*A*S*H* fame

Dec. 7 [[Bloomberg) -- Harry Morgan, the actor who played strait-laced U.S. Army Colonel Sherman T. Potter on the television series “M*A*S*H” through eight of its 11 celebrated seasons, has died. He was 96. He died today at his home in Los Angeles, the New York Times reported, citing his son, Charles Morgan. No cause was given.
    Harry Bratsberg was born on April 10, 1915, in Detroit, where his father, Henry, worked for the automobile company founded by World War I fighter pilot Eddie Rickenbacker.
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ies-at-96.html

RIP, Harry!!

Here's an article celebrating Harry's hometown roots in Muskegon posted just 2 days ago!

Looking Back: Muskegon's Harry Morgan gets chance in Hollywood http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...s_harry_m.html
    Last edited by Kathleen; December-07-11 at 02:37 PM.

Default RIP Colonel Potter

Just read that Harry Morgan...best known to many as Col. Potter on M*A*S*H, passed away today at the age of 96. The article said he was born and lived in Detroit for a while. Anyone know where? Just curious. One of my all time favorite actors.

Harry Morgan, born Henry Bratsberg, lived at 198 Rhode Island, Highland Park or maybe it was 166 East Buena Vista. The author is not completely certain which address is correct.
    Home in Detroit [[T. Burton, 2008)

Such sad news.Harry Morgan gave us many wonderful years of entertainment.
    RIP

RIP, Harry. It took me a LONG time to get used to him being Colonel Potter after having him ingrained in my brain as Officer Gannon from Dragnet! He was in quite a few movies over the years too.

Default Ox-Bow Incident

He was Henry Fonda's partner in that movie. That's probably the best thing he ever did.

oops, i thought he was already dead