Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default More updates for Mercury Burger Bar!

More updates from the Mercury Burger Bar. Interior looks very cool [[bar downstairs called Corktown Cellars to be part of it). Curbed says they are only weeks from an opening. Corktown just keeps going!

I am just curious if the original "Mecury" name refers to train, which debuted in the 1930's as a streamlined, art deco train designed by Henry Dreyfus which ran from MCS to Chicago- the original "High Speed Rail" and not the car?
    Last edited by Cinderpath; December-04-11 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderpath View Post
    I am just curious if the original "Mecury" name refers to train, which debuted in the 1930's as a streamlined, art deco train designed by Henry Dreyfus which ran from MCS to Chicago- the original "High Speed Rail" and not the car?
    I'd imagine it's because of the train. The original restaurant was modernized in the 50s and called the Mercury after the train. I imagine the Mercury across the street was named in honor if this.

looks neat.. hope it opens soon, and has lots of burger choices..

I saw Eat it Detroit's facebook page a post from the 1st that Hot Taco on Park Ave should be opening this week.

https://www.facebook.com/eatitdetroit