Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Belle Isle Aquarium/ Pepsi/Vote to fix the tanks

http://www.refresheverything.com/belle-isle-aquarium

I don't see this mentioned on here yet...they are in the running for 50k from Pepsi to repair the tanks, but they need votes

vote and vote often

I voted today, and will be voting everyday until its over on December 30th. I think if we all vote everday, it could win.

I would vote and I believe in the project , however I HATE THE IDEA OF FACEBOOK tracking me and my friend and selling me stuff . I still used facebook , It just REALLY bugs me that it's turned into, let's sell, sell , sell and bother everyone this person knows on facebook too .
    let them figure out another way to annoy . I'm starting to HATE all the "like us" on facebook stuff.
    It's a turn off .

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    I would vote and I believe in the project , however I HATE THE IDEA OF FACEBOOK tracking me and my friend and selling me stuff . I still used facebook , It just REALLY bugs me that it's turned into, let's sell, sell , sell and bother everyone this person knows on facebook too .
    let them figure out another way to annoy . I'm starting to HATE all the "like us" on facebook stuff.
    It's a turn off .

I totally agree!!..which is why i told all my friends to just text it in if they didnt want to facebook it in.

I've been asking the Progressive Slate when a project for MI would be offered.

I think it's fantastic that people are working on reopening the aquarium - I love aquariums and it's depressing that the nicest in the area are at the Bass Pro Shops and Rainforest Cafe at Great Lakes Crossing.

However, if funding came in to drop into a cultural institution somehow, would it be better to rebuild the Aquarium or shore up the finances at the Science Center so it could re-open?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    It's a turn off .
    I also hate the way that corporate interests want all you're personal info, just to vote or get some minor offer or some piss ant coupon. I would help out on the net more often, If I didn't have to fill out a questionaire every time. Data mining to the extreme - for next to no cost to them.

Awesome! I was lucky enough to go inside the Aquarium during Shiver on the River.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I also hate the way that corporate interests want all you're personal info, just to vote or get some minor offer or some piss ant coupon.
    If Facebook didn't data mine for consumer profiling, there wouldn't be a Facebook. Back in the day there were internet forums you had to pay for, and in doing so they respected your privacy. They're all gone. The consumer has spoken, free+no privacy trumps pay+privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    The consumer has spoken, free+no privacy trumps pay+privacy.
    That comment reminded me of many of the "Friends on Facebook".....
    http://youtu.be/IftqMYfuLpA

I've always been FaceBook free. And I still worry about it. Enjoy your last few minutes of being or relish being the guy/girl down the block. I'll toss the can with the note attached in your honor.

Please text 110635 to 73774.

The Aquarium did not close down due to broken down tanks. It closed down because King K took away its revenue source for operations and maintenance. Won't Pepsi see spending money on a closed facility that has no operations and maintenance funding a waste?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Jimaz..... very funny.... isn't it ironic about rule #5..... Deja Vu......

Quote Originally Posted by I <3 DET View Post
    I voted today, and will be voting everyday until its over on December 30th. I think if we all vote everday, it could win.
    Yes, I agree! We are in 14th place now and all we have to do is make it into the top 10 in order to receive funding.

Have you voted today? I did..by text and via email. If you dont want to log in with FB [[which is understandable) you can create an account with just your name and email address..or just text your vote in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    Have you voted today? I did..by text and via email. If you dont want to log in with FB [[which is understandable) you can create an account with just your name and email address..or just text your vote in.

This is what I did. When you go to vote, it asks if you want to sign in with facebook or make a pepsi account. I made an account.

done done done

looks like they are still at about 14th place..just need to move up another 4 spots to get the money ! I personally would love to see the aquarium open again and I hope that others do to. Please share and vote

they are ranked # 12..2 more spots till the money is thiers

I voted!

Stromberg2

Keep voting folks. Almost there!

I voted too. I hope they get the $ ! Detroit Friends School also had a project in the challenge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast