Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Stupid Suburban Laws!

WDIV Channel 4 News did a report on petty sleepy laws on most Metro-Detroit suburbs. For example:

It's totally illegal to throw snowballs or to start snowball fights in Clawson.

It's extremely illegal to park your car in all St. Clair Shores areas between the hours of 3am to 9am.

In Downtown Birmingham in very illegal to leave your car idiling while picking up your errands.

What other stupid laws do other suburbs have?

Occurrence Guest

Marijuana being illegal.

What's the difference between 'extremely illegal', 'very illegal' and 'totally illegal'?

Or just 'illegal'?

I think my town prohibits parking on the street overnight, but then, most if not all houses have nice long driveways and it would sure be a pain to have the car 'way out in the street where any nutcake could come along and hit it.

NO DANCING at bars/resturants in Grosse Pointe....

No blacks in Livonia.

I don't think the Birmingham law is stupid. It sounds like another "duh" label like don't tailgate while traveling over 60 mph. It's easier to ticket a driverless car idling outside a store than to recover a stolen one or clean up the mess if the car kicks out of park.

This was first published as a crazy law back in the early 70's, in Readers Digest. But it is illeagal to swim within the Rochester City limits, without having your bathing suit inspected by the Police Dept.

What does this entail, and does it involve waist/leg band fingering by the cop? Just asking.

As an afterthought, If this law is still on the books, lets make an addendum, that the cop would have to hold two live chickens, while carrying out his bathing suit duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    NO DANCING at bars/resturants in Grosse Pointe....
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    No blacks in Livonia.
    Glad I found this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's extremely illegal to park your car in all St. Clair Shores areas between the hours of 3am to 9am.
    This one really ticks me off. I don't have a really long driveway. It's all about the police being able to see readily if there is any "riff-raff" hanging about.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    No blacks in Livonia.
    Actually its illegal while you're black while wearing gang colors when walking or driving through Livonia.