Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

Default Wake up call number 2

Well libs? Anyone catch Obama's invitiation...nay, directive too Iran yesterday? It goes something like this; Run, don't walk, to develop nuclear weapons.

He actual said that they, Iran, had a right to develop nuclear power technology. We all know that the process of doing so is indivisible from developing nuclear weapons. We [[absent Obama apparently) also know that this is Iran's intent. In fact, it is the intent of all nations developing nuclear technology. First for weapons, second for energy.

Seeing as how Obama is against domestic nuclear energy expansion, he must know the true purpose of this pursuit for Iran.

Even hard left stalwarts [[like Carl Levin) must be aghast at this announcement. He [[Levin) has said...repeatedly, that a nuclear Iran is our most pressing potential threat and that Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons under any circumstances [[and at any cost for us to prevent it). Did the chairman of the committee charged with this topic not get the memo from Obama?

Even the libs on Dyes must be shaking their heads in disbelief and horror at their Messiah over this move.

syllogism [sil‐ŏ‐jizm], a form of logical argument that derives a conclusion from two propositions [[‘premises’) sharing a common term, usually in this form: all x and y [[major premise); z is x [[minor premise); therefore z is y [[conclusion). For example: all poets are alcoholics; Jane isapoet; therefore Jane is an alcoholic. In this deductive logic, the conclusion is of course reliable only if both premises are true. Syllogistic reasoning was cultivated in medieval scholasticism, and is sometimes found in Chaucer and Shakespeare.
    So where is it written that Iran DOES NOT have a right to develop technology?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Well libs? Anyone catch Obama's invitiation...nay, directive too Iran yesterday? It goes something like this; Run, don't walk, to develop nuclear weapons.

He actual said that they, Iran, had a right to develop nuclear power technology. We all know that the process of doing so is indivisible from developing nuclear weapons. We [[absent Obama apparently) also know that this is Iran's intent. In fact, it is the intent of all nations developing nuclear technology. First for weapons, second for energy.

Seeing as how Obama is against domestic nuclear energy expansion, he must know the true purpose of this pursuit for Iran.

Even hard left stalwarts [[like Carl Levin) must be aghast at this announcement. He [[Levin) has said...repeatedly, that a nuclear Iran is our most pressing potential threat and that Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons under any circumstances [[and at any cost for us to prevent it). Did the chairman of the committee charged with this topic not get the memo from Obama?

Even the libs on Dyes must be shaking their heads in disbelief and horror at their Messiah over this move.

Assalaamu alaykum my brother

Just want to keep everything in context.

Wake up call !! You must have been asleep when he gave the speech that morning, so for your benefit this is what he said IN CONTEXT about Iran

"I recognize it will be hard to overcome decades of mistrust, but we will proceed with courage, rectitude, and resolve. There will be many issues to discuss between our two countries, and we are willing to move forward without preconditions on the basis of mutual respect. But it is clear to all concerned that when it comes to nuclear weapons, we have reached a decisive point. This is not simply about America's interests. It's about preventing a nuclear arms race in the Middle East that could lead this region and the world down a hugely dangerous path.
    I understand those who protest that some countries have weapons that others do not. No single nation should pick and choose which nation holds nuclear weapons. And that's why I strongly reaffirmed America's commitment to seek a world in which no nations hold nuclear weapons. [[Applause.) And any nation -- including Iran -- should have the right to access peaceful nuclear power if it complies with its responsibilities under the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. That commitment is at the core of the treaty, and it must be kept for all who fully abide by it. And I'm hopeful that all countries in the region can share in this goal."

Developing nuclear power and creating weapons while possible does take additional technology.

You can now go back to sleep.

"And any nation -- including Iran -- should have the right to access peaceful nuclear power if it complies with its responsibilities under the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. That commitment is at the core of the treaty, and it must be kept for all who fully abide by it. And I'm hopeful that all countries in the region can share in this goal."

What is wrong with this? "peaceful...if it complies...[[with) Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty..."

Nothing radical here, just the insistence that the treaty is followed by all.

Personally, right or wrong, I suspect that the Israelis will destroy any nuclear weapons in Iran, preemptively, if Iran builds them.

The unreported story here is the sale of the technology to Iran and other states by the Pakistani who built their nuclear program.

I consider President Obama's speech to be a stroke of genius, by attempting to pull the motivational recruitment rug out from under the Islamic extremists' feet. Many RWers however, wish to commit genocide upon the entire Muslim population, not just eliminating the terrorists, so it is understandable how they would be upset and twist any attempts at opening a dialog with Muslim leaders by Obama into making the US more vulnerable to terrorist attacks.
    Last edited by Flanders; June-06-09 at 01:59 PM.

Did Bush and Reagan not sell weapons to Iran in exchange for American hostages ?

This is the weakest right-wing bullet point recital I have heard so far.

so we have an intellectual in our Commabder in Chief who will expose radicals "whatever their stripes" to their hypocritical stances...He will challenge the moderates to take control of their future and the only people who will fear his words are those who see peace as a weakness...

those on the extreme right should fear a balance shifted to moderation and genuine movement to a peaceful co-existance ...let those who play to fear, and practice everything but international law worry...

Can he deleiver moderation ...well that is the billion dollar question..it will depend on those in the region an dtheir ability to get along in the sand box..
    Last edited by gibran; June-06-09 at 05:19 PM.

Lorax Guest

Conservatives fear Obama
    They fear him and his way of speaking as possibly succeeding in breaking through to others, and for breaking new ground in how we view the world, collectively.

Conservatives fear Obama, since his way in handling things spells doom for the Repugnican party.

I, however, fear another radical jesusfreak repugnican, like the one who killed Dr. Tiller, will try and rub out Obama.

When clowns like those on right wing talk radio keep using veiled threats against our president, I begin to wonder how far off that possibility is.

ccbatson Guest

Liberals simply cannot be this naive...can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I consider President Obama's speech to be a stroke of genius, by attempting to pull the motivational recruitment rug out from under the Islamic extremists' feet. Many RWers however, wish to commit genocide upon the entire Muslim population, not just eliminating the terrorists, so it is understandable how they would be upset and twist any attempts at opening a dialog with Muslim leaders by Obama into making the US more vulnerable to terrorist attacks.
    I agree as well. With Obama you always have to look beyond the obvious. He is laying the groundwork for peace talks in the long run, while in the short run he is trying to shortcircuit the extremist and the people who would join those groups. By having his first major interview with Al-Arabiya cable, and closing Gitmo[[even though there was no clear plan as to where the detainees would go) while continuing to fight the war he is appealing to the vast middle ground of Muslims and attempting to disrupt the terrorists.

RWers need, crave, and desire world turmoil, internal conflicts, and economic crises, as a relatively peaceful planet and a prosperous country for ALL, would render them useless and powerless.

This is a 100% Rush Quote and so is attack line.

The thread author is back to throwing wilted darts.

ccbatson Guest

Better stock up on antifungal foot powder libs. You will be at high risk for a nasty case of thrush with the amount of time your feet will be in your mouths on this one. Don't worry, I will be sure to remind you of your ignorance when [[not if) the bill comes due

Better stock up on antifungal foot powder libs. You will be at high risk for a nasty case of thrush with the amount of time your feet will be in your mouths on this one. Don't worry, I will be sure to remind you of your ignorance when [[not if) the bill comes due
    Oooh...quite the vivid description of liberals' lower extremities, that you painted with this post, Batz, not to mention your lame and intentionally derogatory contraction of the word liberals into "libs".

Get up on the left side of the bed this morning...

You will be at high risk for a nasty case of thrush with the amount of time your feet will be in your mouths on this one.
    Above is a technique used to attempt to erode a construct. Even the lowly bottom-feeder has a purpose [[MIchael Steele). Spread doubt, worry or fear etc... There are many tools, just ask any strategist, or even a savvy athletics coach.

A purpose of the bottom-feeder [[scout) is to gain advantage on or learn more about the opponent by way of scouting. Said scout heroically says or does the unseemly or outrageous, or feigns a thing, primarily for a reaction. The key being to subsequently analyze the reaction. Called bringing them out in order to expose something.

We've all heard the "I told you so" position before. Recall Susan Smith's tearful pleas on television for the rescue and return of her children? A similar manipulation is at play here.

Don't worry, I will be sure to remind you of your ignorance when [[not if) the bill comes due
    This part certainly speaks volumes about intentions. Who has [[already) inserted foot? For the cause? Who is the free agent being manipulated here? Think for yourself.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; June-07-09 at 06:26 PM.

Conservatives cannot be this stupid... can they??? Oh, wait, they blindly follow a drug addict for their fearful messiah, errrr, I mean leader!

Lorax Guest

Liberals are alot better off than the wheezing decay of Values Voters Vomit stinking up the place.

Your party head is a drug addled gas bag who prances around his Palm Beach mansion in knee breeches and powdered wigs, drunk off his ass while sniping at liberals in front of an equally socially retarded group of neocons who's big concern is how best to screw the lower classes.

Just another elitist pile of cat sick from Battyacid.

ccbatson Guest

Michael Steele lives in Florida? Since when?

I think you are mistaking a commentator from an actual elected or appointed leader of a political party.

Don't feel guilty however, that is what you were brainwashed to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    When clowns like those on right wing talk radio keep using veiled threats against our president, I begin to wonder how far off that possibility is.
    during the campaign, not that veiled

Lorax Guest

Michael Steele lives in Florida? Since when?

I think you are mistaking a commentator from an actual elected or appointed leader of a political party.

Don't feel guilty however, that is what you were brainwashed to think.
    Well if I'm brainwashed, then you've been sandblasted.

Brush Lintball anointed himself the head of the party, Michaelimp Steele has to shut up when Brush says so, as do the Reich members in congress, who cowtow to him on a daily basis. I guess you don't listen to the show, or watch C-Span.

The fact that Steele was forced to apologies to Rushie tells you who is the true dear leader of the Repugs.

He actual said that they, Iran, had a right to develop nuclear power technology. We all know that the process of doing so is indivisible from developing nuclear weapons. We [[absent Obama apparently) also know that this is Iran's intent. In fact, it is the intent of all nations developing nuclear technology. First for weapons, second for energy..
    actually, he said they had a right to develop nuclear energy provided they took the necessary steps to prove they were not using it to develop weapons.
    Those steps, which he has outlined previously, include turning over spent power rods to France or the US.

[quote]Seeing as how Obama is against domestic nuclear energy expansion, he must know the true purpose of this pursuit for Iran.[quote]

actually, he is not, and has said as much numerous times

you really are getting desperate.

ccbatson Guest

A straw dog argument...we all know full well that this will be intepreted as a green light from Obama. Obama is not stupid, quite the opposite, he is brilliant and a master schemer....Evil, but brilliant.

what is his motive? to destroy Israel...get real...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast