Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Retired Officer Fires Fatal Shot During Break-In

Retired Officer Fires Fatal Shot During Break-In

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/retired-officer-fires-fatal-shot-during-break-in-20111125-as

This is like the third incident in which a retired Detroit Police officer have killed a would-be young robber this year. Maybe Bing and Goodbee need to recruit some of these retirees to come back and put down some of these monsters.

Notice how fast the punks family showed up at the crime scene before the news crews and cameras left ? I'm sure they had already contacted a attorney about a lawsuit.

The neighbor said, "When you hear a person has been shot, it's very said, but he won't be breaking into anyone else's house."

I fully agree. It's unfortunate that someone lost their life, however, I most certainly won't lose one wink of sleep over it.

Perhaps that's what Detroit needs, responsible gun owners defending their property. That will make the thugs think twice.

Yup, a big fat, "OH WELL!"

All I can do is totally agree with the previous posts. We have a Sheriff down here that is tired of crimes on women, he got in front of the cameras and said every woman in Spartanburg County needs to get a conceal permit and carry a gun. Start shooting them if your in fear of your life.

Hate to admit it but, the kid got what he deserved and breaking in at 1:30 PM in the afternoon no less. You're not safe anytime of the day.

boneshaker Guest

Yes.. looks like another resident will be leaving the city.. that retired cop is completely surrounded by vultures.

To the Retired Officer...I want to commend you and pray that you don't let this weigh on your mind. You didn't have a choice. Yes, i feel sorry for the family but if something had happened to YOU then YOUR family and loved ones would suffer and you were an innocent citizen savoring over your thanksgiving day with your family by downloading your pictures..

As a high school teacher in a suburban/urban area, I see the same kind of student that has no concern for anyone else. They challenge administrators, security, anyone that gets in their way. They see this behavior at home. This is how they are raised. I deal with this everyday. This is what our society has come to.

In this case, didn't this dummy see lights on in the house? Maybe a car in the drive-way? Some other sign that someone may be home? He didn't care, and if it wasn't an officer with a gun in the home, the person inside would have probably been killed. He did not care who was in there. Just the fact that he had a gun, he went in there to use it.

Well, thank God it didn't work that way. One more thug off the street.

SteveJ Guest

The worse thing is that the Thug's family had the nerve to go on tv and put on a performance with the crying. Yeah, lady. I feel real sorry for your nephew who was breaking into a house and with a gun on top of that.

Poor police officer now has to deal with the thug family and possible payback. Thats what you call ghetto trash.

My buddy who is a city cop in North Carolina once told me a story about an off-duty county deputy:

An off-duty, plain clothed county sheriff was at an ATM one night. He was making a withdraw. Just as the money came out a young man [[17 or 18) pulled out a gun and demanded the money.

The officer pulled out his concealed weapon and shot the kid twice. The fell to the ground, he looked up at the cop and said, "You didn't have to shoot me, it was just a BB gun[Airsoft pistol]".

Those would be the last words of that young man's life. He died before EMS arrived.

People have to realize that when you break into someones house, rob someone, or carjack someone, force is ALWAYS implied, whether or not the person has a weapon or intent to do bodily harm.

If you break into someone's house, and they have a gun, they're not going to play 21 questions. They're going to defend themselves. There's going to be very little sympathy. A very short police investigation. And that's it. Especially in Detroit, the cops don't have the time or perhaps even the will to investigate that legality of a situation like this [[not that I'm saying the homeowner did anything illegal, but we've all heard stupid stories of charges in similar situations).

Sorry to hear that the retired cop had to put the kid down. Sorry that the kid had chosen an occupation and fell victim to the occupation's hazards. One less fool on the street that we have to worry about.

Having known two families that endured [[and survived) home invasions it is an life-changing experience; having someone standing in your property face-to-face armed or not.

A thief young or old plying the life-style of breaking in to people homes must get the message that this is a dangerous occupation! Should they assume an advantage of surprise and force against the occupants will always render them the winner?!!

People are starting to 'push back' on that assumption. As was the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Sorry to hear that the retired cop had to put the kid down. Sorry that the kid had chosen an occupation and fell victim to the occupation's hazards. One less fool on the street that we have to worry about.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-27-11 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    The worse thing is that the Thug's family had the nerve to go on tv and put on a performance with the crying. Yeah, lady. I feel real sorry for your nephew who was breaking into a house and with a gun on top of that.

Poor police officer now has to deal with the thug family and possible payback. Thats what you call ghetto trash.
    and it always happens too...always. couldn't agree more.

Having been in his situation once with no gun myself and three armed intruders I completely support this man for defending himself.

Regarding his bellowing, crying trash family, to them it may be tragic, or it was likely antics for the TV cameras. It's also possible that they were knowledgeable of or participating in break-ins, which was basically the scenario when it happened to me [[the mom was knowingly housing her criminal sons and friends and stockpiling items stolen from neighbors in her upper flat). Overall I am not sorry for their loss.

One of the neighbors I saw interviewed was supported of the retired officer. Keep in mind the source of the crime was possibly the entire household and if so they may have been victimizing neighbors for some time. In my neighborhood the family would watch from the upper flat for neighbors to leave their homes and right away they would take off and break in and haul whatever they stole home, on foot in broad daylight.
    Last edited by kryptonite; November-28-11 at 10:21 AM.

I detest a thief and I don't want any parts of stolen goods no matter how cheap. That is participating in the activity.

And the neighborhood 'watch' as you describe. Yeah that's the kind of stuff that makes you want to throw up your hands and leave... You [[the working sap) go to work and the scum come in and TAKE.

Ugly, and one of the deterrents to people wanting to move into that kind of parasitical environment!
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    ...In my neighborhood the [family] would watch from the upper flat for neighbors to leave their homes and right away they would take off and break in and haul whatever they stole home, on foot in broad daylight.

[QUOTE=Zacha341;286638You [[the working sap) go to work and the scum come in and TAKE.
    Ugly, and one of the deterrents to people wanting to move into that kind of parasitical environment![/QUOTE]

that is precisely what happened to numerous homes on my block and the blocks in the area. They had a lookout system going, people would leave for work, an errand, church, etc. and come home to find a smashed door and items stolen from their home. One of the neighbors nearby apparently was killed by the kids when he drove up his driveway and caught them attempting to kick in his door.

I'm pretty sure the thug's family's tears were genuine. I don't think it was just onions in front of a camera that made them bawl their eyes out. They felt the pain and the loss of his life but they should've been crying harder for the fact that their relative was an idiot who made the wrong decisions LONG before he broke into this officer's house.

I feel some empathy for these people because it's the loss of a human life but I feel no sympathy for the little POS criminal willing to commit a stupid crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    You [[the working sap) go to work and the scum come in and TAKE.
    But, but, but.......

If you have stuff, you are the wealthy and it is only right that it be "redistributed" to them.

Isn't that the liberal and compassionate thing?

Good catch Hermod!

LOL! PRECISELY!!!! REDISTRIBUTION INDEED ----!

I'll recall that when I take my 'rich' butt off to one of my many part-time jobs, backing out of the driveway in my rich 'used' car!!! Leaving behind my precious items I've cobbled together over the years from eBay and resale shops and sales racks.

Yep... all this class 'who has what' is in part the outworking and justification of those who take and steal like this.

The politicians push the 'redistribution' low-handing fruit to garner favor and votes along party line. In the mean time it's being worked out in the hood!

That's why I'm never fully comfortable OR 'comforted' with the rich 'need to give more' philosophical 'social-justice' construct! It's applied at the PERSONAL level too well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    But, but, but.......

If you have stuff, you are the wealthy and it is only right that it be "redistributed" to them.

Last edited by Zacha341; November-28-11 at 12:11 PM.

But, but, but.......

Wouldn't we be better off if all jobs made the same amount of money! Then everyone would be equal. We could also make it so the government distributes land so no one gets a bigger piece of the pie via evil "hard work" and "success". All these "greedy" people working hard so they can earn things for their family!

Really you people are comparing robbery to making the tax code more fair? The fact is people like you have benefited from the redistribution of wealth. If you own your home those tax credits the government gives you? Hell, any of the tax credit given to middle class income earners is just redistribution of wealth. Did anyone of you go to college? It may interest you that state support for universities has declined fromproviding 80% of the budget at MSU in the mid-60's to around 20%. Do you think that the taxes paid by wealthy back and the resulting lower tuition benefited you or people like you. Or did you get aid with your tuition? Just because you're not getting a welfare check doesn't mean you don't or have never benefited from such policies.

But hey everthing's alight

In fact, in the last three years, 78 corporations had at least one year where they paid no federal income tax at all, while 30 corporations paid not a dime over the entire three years. Those 30 corporations paid nothing, even though they made $160 billion in profits over that period:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...ions-no-taxes/
    Last edited by MSUguy; November-28-11 at 04:50 PM.

Who'd have thought anyone would use this tragic but understandable incident to push lame 19th century robber baron mindsets?

If you have stuff, you are the wealthy and it is only right that it be "redistributed" to them. Isn't that the liberal and compassionate thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The politicians push the 'redistribution' low-handing fruit to garner favor and votes along party line. In the mean time it's being worked out in the hood!
    Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Wouldn't we be better off if all jobs made the same amount of money! Then everyone would be equal. We could also make it so the government distributes land so no one gets a bigger piece of the pie via evil "hard work" and "success".
    Hilarious routine, did you guys all arrive in the same clown car? Are you really obliviously stupid or simply pretending to be knuckle-dragging racist jerks?

The only people I hear woofing about "redistribution" of anything are right-wing slugs working overtime to confuse people. Yes, they're the same deceptive jackals who call Social Security and worker's pension programs "entitlements."

Clarification to any dumb flocking lemmings in the vicinity: when you make an agreement with your employer, when you pay into retirement programs, you are entitled to get THE MONEY YOU PAID into them back when you retire. It's what's called YOUR MONEY.

[Brief aside: Granted, some yahoos never aspire to rise above being lapdogs but anyone who cares to learn where this rancid Orwellian doublespeak emanates from, try this: http://bit.ly/sh1RKx ]

And, in regards to any so-called "redistribution," it would seem a completely different form of that's already been taking place for the past 30 frickin' years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Kristoff, NY Times
    "The richest 1 percent of Americans now take home almost 24 percent of income, up from almost 9 percent in 1976... the United States now arguably has a more unequal distribution of wealth than traditional banana republics like Nicaragua, Venezuela and Guyana.

C.E.O.’s of the largest American companies earned an average of 42 times as much as the average worker in 1980, but 531 times as much in 2001. Perhaps the most astounding statistic is this: From 1980 to 2005, more than four-fifths of the total increase in American incomes went to the richest 1 percent."

source: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/op...07kristof.html

Nice, that's a really smoking-hot welfare system, isn't it? Who needs to commit petty crimes when you can steal the whole bank?

^^^^ Right-wingers are not the only folks recognizing the foolishness of 'fake' social-justice policies plied by the dems and the repubs.

In the mean time how do keep what you work hard to have as working [[if you're lucky) stiff just trying to hang on? And retain safety in your own homes? Rent a politician to guard your property? Yeah...
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-02-11 at 10:23 AM.