Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Detroit Trailer

Default Detroit Trailer

At the end of the WDIV broadcast of the parade, there was a commercial. At first I thought it was the new Chrystler 300 ad and was watching it with limited interest. Very similar in style with a man reading, some inspirational music and awesome shots of Detroit. Then there were shots of Model T's and other antique Ford cars. Then I was like, "Hold up, what is this?" The commercial kept pacing on, with shots of Hitsville and factories and a shot of a boy with a baseball bat staring up at MCS with the sun beaming through.

I can't remember the details but by the ending you found out that the commercial was a teaser/trailer for a film/documentry coming out in 2012. It ended with the name of the project and a website address to learn more about it. After attending the Lions game I wanted to come home and look up the project. I cannot remember the name. I was hoping I would find it on here but had no luck. My Dad thought the project was called "Journey Through Detroit" or "journeythroughdetroit2012.com" I've tried both but still found nothing.

Does anyone on this forum know what I am talking about? Did anyone record the parade broadcast? The ad ran right before noon, the last commercial. Is there a way to see when or what ads the network shows?

Thanks for any help.

It's keystodetroitmovie.com. I'm still not clear as to what it is about, but it looks interesting. The commercial was great.

Here's a link to a YouTube video I found from that site. VERY interesting!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKKrDLqyGjE

Website launches Thursday: KeysToDetroitMovie.com.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-29-11 at 02:45 PM.

Beautiful clip, wonder what this is all about?

Whatever it is, hopefully it won't include yet another rehash of "Lose Yourself" which has officially become as annoyingly played-out as "Layla" or "Stairway to Heaven".

One clue: Anyone know Hassan Kadouh?

I saw that it also . I was wondering what it was . it went off before I could see the ending

Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who saw it.

Just watched the trailer again. So mysterious. What is it?
    Last edited by izzyindetroit; November-29-11 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    I saw that it also . I was wondering what it was . it went off before I could see the ending
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyindetroit View Post
    Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who saw it.
    Huh? What is this "it" you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Website launches Thursday: KeysToDetroitMovie.com.
    Drat! We remain in suspense ...

Name:  keystodetroit.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  17.7 KB

Huh? Now it says December 7th for me. :/ Whatever it is, I'll keep my eyes on it.

Default I tried at 3.04am Dec 1 and got this

KEYS TO DETROIT

Maintenance Mode

KEYS TO DETROIT is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance.

Please try back in 5 days, 22 hours, and 12 minutes
    [[on December 7, 2011 at 1:15 am).
    More clues coming soon

i signed up for the list serve -- got 6 emails [[2 each with the subject lines "sample post - image post format," "sample post - gallery post format" and sample post - image post format"

the text in them was the following:
    Mauris porttitor lacus vitae lectus aliquam eget aliquet tortor vehicula. Morbi semper malesuada rhoncus. Integer sodales est a lorem molestie dignissim. Morbi accumsan justo eget orci sodales suscipit. Proin scelerisque malesuada felis, vel bibendum odio euismod vel. Curabitur neque orci, porttitor nec semper at, porttitor id quam. Vestibulum vestibulum cursus lectus, eget imperdiet nibh porta et. Fusce sit amet mi velit. Etiam ut mauris libero, ac dictum purus. Proin at massa vehicula nibh ornare placerat non eget elit. Nunc eget purus nulla. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec non commodo eros. Aliquam erat volutpat. Integer et dolor velit. Nam gravida iaculis imperdiet.
    not sure if this is actual latin or not. anyone able to translate?

thanks! that makes sense