Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Another local Democratic party official is convicted of multiple felonies

Second Michigan Democrat pleads no contest in ‘fake’ tea party scheme

Former Oakland County Democratic party official Jason Bauer pleaded no contest Monday to five felony charges related to an alleged 2010 plan to place "fake" tea party candidates on multiple election ballots in Michigan.....

[read the entire article]

Shocker.....

Gee, I guess Repubs haven't cornered the market on doing stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Since your definition of "stupid stuff" seems to include felonies, how about defending that statement by providing us with an example [[or two) of a state or local Republican party official who has abused their position and been convicted of multiple felonies as a result?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Since your definition of "stupid stuff" seems to include felonies, how about defending that statement by providing us with an example [[or two) of a state or local Republican party official who has abused their position and been convicted of multiple felonies as a result?

You mean like multiple charges of murder based on a lie ala the Bush administration?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    You mean like multiple charges of murder based on a lie ala the Bush administration?
    Who has been charged and convicted in a court of law?

We are lucky in the sense that in Michigan, Repubs for the most part behave themselves so my statement took on more of a national context.

But as we know the exception generally proves the rule. Anyway here's some good bathroom reading for you

http://www.republicanoffenders.com/R...nCriminals.pdf

LOL! True! I always say that! Living in Detroit lets you know how duffis and corrupt dem rule and governance can be...

Whenever I read a blatantly partisan heading.... I always wonder... gee who could be the OP behind it... it's always a source of amusement when my suspicions are correct....

The books on American history are full of people on both sides of the aisle that have committed crimes of all types. To somehow make this a "look what your side has done" issue is both naiive and silly.

I guess I wasted 2 minutes of my time answering another pointless "tit-for-tat" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Whenever I read a blatantly partisan heading.... I always wonder... gee who could be the OP behind it... it's always a source of amusement when my suspicions are correct....

The books on American history are full of people on both sides of the aisle that have committed crimes of all types. To somehow make this a "look what your side has done" issue is both naiive and silly.

I guess I wasted 2 minutes of my time answering another pointless "tit-for-tat" thread...
    Come on, you're a big boy and we all know that you could have either ignored this thread or proved your assertion of it being a "tit-for-tat" thread by providing an example of similar felonies committed by local Republicans. Instead, you took the lazy way out and changed the subject by attempting to play down the seriousness of the crimes and delegitimizing the OP of the thread. Bottom line, you wasted our time with your pointless response.

To make Firstandten and Gistock feel better, I found this instance of illegal behavior by one of the Macomb County 12th District GOP officials [[see link below). However there were no charges filed and no convictions resulted from it. The matter was handled internally and restitution was made.

Former GOP official pays back missing money

Thomas Katona?

Quote Originally Posted by RO_Resident View Post
    That's one, and from five years ago. Any others? Come on, the Republicans have supposedly "cornered the market on doing stupid stuff" - this should be like shooting fish in a barrel!

To make Firstandten and Gistock feel better, I found this instance of illegal behavior by one of the Macomb County 12th District GOP officials [[see link below). However there were no charges filed and no convictions resulted from it. The matter was handled internally and restitution was made.

Former GOP official pays back missing money
    Oh, swept under the rug mind you ! Just pay the money back and everything is ok. How do you feel about that ?

Oh, swept under the rug mind you ! Just pay the money back and everything is ok. How do you feel about that ?
    The 12th District GOP is a private organization and their officers chose to not press charges, which is their prerogative. In this case, we know that restitution was made and that no taxpayer funds were involved, plus we know the name of the culprit and that he was canned from his position in their organization and that he does not hold public office - so how can you say that it was "swept under the rug"? Plus, everything did not turn out "OK" as a result of this episode, since the 12th District GOP is left with a very tarnished public reputation - which is well-deserved considering their lax internal controls.

However, unlike with the two former Oakland County Democratic Party leaders and now-convicted felons who are the subject of this thread, the 12th District GOP embezzler did not forge any documents for the purpose of putting "fake" candidates on the ballot in multiple races - all in an attempt to rig the election process in favor of his party.

What about all the Republicans getting caught doing the homo stuff when they claim they are no-homo?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yep, I "never lose my swag"!

What about all the Republicans getting caught doing the homo stuff when they claim they are no-homo?
    At the most, they were convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges, not felonies.

This could go on some time now.... LOL! Hypocrisy is not exclusive to any party or group....

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    This could go on some time now.... LOL! Hypocrisy is not exclusive to any party or group....
    Hypocrisy is not a crime, just the reflexive "red herring" accusation favored by those on the left.

Would the old proverb "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" put an end to this discussion ?

Well stated. As an independent to a large extent I find the left and right deceptive in trying to ascribe certain motives and policy directives EXCLUSIVE to one party. We are seeing more interchangeability and shape shifting than ever.

The main party afoot is the party of self-interest, interesting in maintaining more power and votes towards retaining said power.
    Hypocrisy is not a crime, just the reflexive "red herring" accusation favored by those on the left.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-27-11 at 10:40 AM.

I hear that. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Would the old proverb "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" put an end to this discussion ?

Occurrence Guest

I like when people argue about Democrats and Republican like they aren't the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast