Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Fox 2's Redefining Detroit

Much like channel 7's D20/20 series, Fox 2 has decided to jump on the good news bandwagon and show the rose colored side of the city.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/subindex/news/detroit

I love CHARLIE LEDUFF!!!! [[a little off topic but...)

Me too, despite myself! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by sycloneman View Post

I like Charlie too.

Best line?

"...I was HERE for the fight"

Charlie LeDuff is a total tool bag, but I can't help but to love him. There's just something about him!

He's a weasel. His character assassinations are particularly distasteful. Can't stand the sight of the man so I now switch off if he comes on.
    Good program on Fox 2 ref. Detroit. Enjoyed watching it.
    Last edited by coracle; November-23-11 at 04:09 PM.

LaDuff is a hack journalist known to steal others work and claim it for his own, even getting fired from a newspaper, yet people still admire him and bash Albom? I don't get it, but then again, I don't keep up with the kardashian's while thousands do...

Fox 2 could start by not dedicating their entire newscast to every negative incident that happens in the city, as if they have an agenda to paint it in a bad light.

Their agenda is no different that any other commercial media outlet's - ratings. None of them could care less if comes from positive feel-good stories or if-it-bleeds-it-leads dump on Detroit. It is all about the 'eyeballs' count and keeping our thumbs off the remote.

Fortunately we are in a era of good feeling, or at least better feeling, about Detroit and its hopes and challenges.

Charilie LeDuff is very good at what he does. For a print migrant I find he as adapted to the TV medium quite well. He is colorful and entertaining while retaining his reporter ability to ask probing questions and pursue a story.

It seems like half my girlfriends have major crushes on LeDuff. They keep talking about how sexy he is. I keep looking, but I don't see it. At all.

Anyway. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    It seems like half my girlfriends have major crushes on LeDuff. They keep talking about how sexy he is. I keep looking, but I don't see it. At all.

Anyway. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Quite insightful English... lol