Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default ICE agent accused of bank fraud

OK, you remember when Amy Poehler was on SNL and she would do this bit during Weekend Update called "Really, with Seth and Amy". Here's a news item; read it then come back:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111...-of-bank-fraud

Now this is a guy with Customs and Immigration, right? Here's my favorite line in the news article: "He acknowledged withdrawing the $15,900 and told investigators he sent the money to a woman in Nigeria via Western Union."

Really? REALLY?! REALLY??!!

God save us, the people supposed to be protecting us from these imbeciles are falling for it themselves [[if any of the officer's claims are to be believed).

Remember, they didn't hire any professors...but I think ICE got those who scored a few points higher on the entrance exam than those hired by the TSA. Still might not be in triple-digits, on the standard intelligence quotient scale, though.

And neither department took the candidates that scored high on the personality test.

Oh, my, I have a family member who has been hooked into those scams. The very sexy looking [[according to pix she sends) Nigerian woman sends a check that she can't cash in Nigeria for some reason. It is drawn on a US bank that you can look up and see that they have given notice of fraudulent checks with their name on it. You are supposed to deposit it, withdraw most of the cash and send it by Western Union to her in Nigeria. Fortunately, the relative's credit union smoked this early and they wouldn't let him deposit the check. For some reason, the sexy Nigerian woman always has her father telephone the hero correspondent for her. Nigerian women are subservient to the men in their family, you see. It is hard to see how people can be so thick.

the banks and the bad checks system are to blame somewhat.