Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DetroitYES Server Crash - All posts since 2 AM Lost

Dear All,

We experienced a major crash around noon today on the server hosting DetroitYES.

It required us to recover from our most recent backup which occurred around 2 AM this morning.

Consequently any new posts or threads created since that time have been lost and you will need to repost them if you wish them to appear.

Sorry. It happens.

Buy American Guest

Thanks for the explanation Lowell, I was wondering about one I started this morning. Sorry it happened to the website.

Thanks for the notice, Lowell. Keep up the good work. Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

So Superman, I mean Lowell, reversed time and removed all of the dumb comments. Except this one.

Yeah, sorry. I might've gone a bit too far on the Gunshot Surveillance thread...

...funny...first crash since the big one, right?!

Cheers, at least it was a sunny day.

Actual reality is pretty cool...I can see where some could get lost and really waste time in it.

Glad to be back.
    Last edited by Gannon; November-21-11 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Actual reality is pretty cool...I can see where some could get lost and really waste time in it.
    Sometimes I suspect nothing's real on either side of that looking glass.

Just before DetroitYES! crashed I turned off all the power in the house for some unrelated electrical work. Despite my usual obsessively-rational thinking, I couldn't help wondering whether the two events were somehow related. I could get to other websites from multiple computers but not to DetroitYES!. 208.43.233.169 was answering pings but still no DetroitYES!

Oh well. It all worked out. In the process I discovered DownForMe.org which didn't help much but others might want to bookmark it for future outages.

Thanks Lowell. It most certainly happens.

We greatly appreciate you hosting our friendly debates. And the non-friendly ones too!