Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Google China

Default Google China

Anybody following this story about the strange google photos from China.

Here's a couple of links but if you google it you can find videos etc.
    Let the conspiracy stories begin.

Google Maps Shows Odd Images From China's Gobi Desert | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

40.458679,93.31314 - Google Maps

If you look a little left [[west?) of the structure in your second, you'll see 2 rectangular bldgs and a runway [[?) and roads.

This is the one that gets me. A building 5 miles wide by 10 miles long.

40.452107,90.85693359375 - Google Maps

I've read a few accounts questioning if maybe someone hacked google maps and inserted images.

In the north[[?) corner of the huge complex, if you zoom way in there's a bunch of equipment that looks like it's a power source or something.

Any industrial types out there know what these cylindrical units are? They look like oil holding tanks. The two units on the right kind of look like nuclear reactors.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    This is the one that gets me. A building 5 miles wide by 10 miles long.

40.452107,90.85693359375 - Google Maps

I've read a few accounts questioning if maybe someone hacked google maps and inserted images.
    My guess was it was going to be Kwame's next house; but no; Mysterious Symbols in China Desert Are Spy Satellite Targets, Expert Says - Yahoo! News

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    In the north[[?) corner of the huge complex, if you zoom way in there's a bunch of equipment that looks like it's a power source or something.

Any industrial types out there know what these cylindrical units are? They look like oil holding tanks. The two units on the right kind of look like nuclear reactors.
    The rectangular, blue-green features in the satellite photo are solar evaporation ponds used in potash mining [source] The "two units on the right" are evaporating cooling towers which are used to cool down warm water used in the processing of the potash so it can be recycled [[those kinds of cooling towers are also used to cool the water used at nuclear power generating sites). The seven nearby circular units are wastewater sedimentation tanks.

You can find similar sights around the US too. Military and defense contractor test ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    The rectangular, blue-green features in the satellite photo are solar evaporation ponds used in potash mining [source] The "two units on the right" are evaporating cooling towers which are used to cool down warm water used in the processing of the potash so it can be recycled [[those kinds of cooling towers are also used to cool the water used at nuclear power generating sites). The seven nearby circular units are wastewater sedimentation tanks.
    Thanks for the link and info.