Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default No Thread On The New TV Show About Dearborn?

All-American Muslim takes a look at life in Dearborn, Michigan--home to the largest mosque in the United States--through the lens of five Muslim American families.

Each episode offers an intimate look at the customs and celebrations, misconceptions and conflicts these families face outside and within their own community.
    http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/all-american-muslim

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedule....56643.42234.1

I've only seen clips of the show, not the whole thing. Has anyone here caught an episode? I'm very curious to see what the show is like.

http://jezebel.com/5859270/meet-the-...merican-muslim

i only caught about the last 1/2 hour of sunday's episode. not bad from what litttle i was able to watch. previews for future episode look pretty interesting.

I watched the first 20 minutes on Sunday. It was fine, but kinda boring and not my type of show [[basically a reality show following some families around). I think most people around Detroit might actually find it pretty mundane since it shows what most of us already know - that American Muslims living in Dearborn are, you know, normal people. It might be beneficial for people who have negative stereotypes.

They opened the show talking about how Dearborn has a huge American Muslim population and then led right into talking with some couples. I thought that would have been a good time to put some historical context around Dearborn - should've mentioned how American it really is with FoMoCo...The Henry Ford...etc...

I was flipping through the channels the other day and caught almost the entire episode. I had heard nothing about it until I stumbled onto it. I thought it was as interesting as any reality show can be, but I would have to say I did learn a few things about Islam. I set the DVR to record the show for two reasons, because it's based in Detroit and because it's somewhat interesting. Worth watching especially if you're from the Detroit area.

I watched the first episode from start to finish. I think they did a good job of giving insight into the Muslim community. However, I did not find the show to be entertaining. It was slow paced and didn't really grab my attention.

It's your typical TLC reality show. You have to like that kind of stuff for it to keep your interest. That said, I found it very well produced, and the mission of the show [[like many on TLC) to be admirable, unlike something like The Real Housewives of Fill in the Blank. Then again, something like Real Housewives is on a station that doesn't even pretend to be anything other than it is, you know, mindless entertainment.