Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bearinabox Guest

Default Old DYes Forum Nostalgia

Anybody out there grow up on the old DYes forum in the 90s and 2000s? I was there from 2005 onward. Remember Rasputin and Black-atcha, Karl making everything about abortion, Gannon's wild conspiracy theories, Ccbatson getting cut off just short of 20,000 posts, Johnlodge and Gnome and their photoshops, the War with Livonia, the ranting about Mike Ilitch every time he knocked down another perfectly good downtown building for a parking lot...Danny?! Anyone remember Danny? I haven't thought about Danny in hours. Great times back then. Great place to post, ramble, and try not to get banned from. Share your memories here.
    Last edited by Bearinabox; April-01-09 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Remember when HTML tags could be used to format posts?

Default Old DYes Forum Nostalgia

Well I was around [[off and on) since 1999... and I feel a little sad that some of our old posters are no longer with us today... and I don' t mean Brian, Rasputin, Stlgasm, Merchantgander, Metrodetroitguy, Jelk or Skulker....

I mean the folks that are no longer with us in the physical sense... Itsjeff, PSIP, and Bobj.

They'll still be missed [[as will Itsjeff's alter ego Manrooter )...

RIP...

Gistok

That was a lot of shout-outing just there.

Remember when people used to argue, and talk about politics. Good times.

We need some kind of prizes for whomever guesses the new ids of those whose names have been usurped on the new board

I joined in 2006, but I was a lurker for some time before then. I do not remember all of the posters you mention, but do remember several of them.

I tried to get the last post on the old Forum, but missed by 1 post!

I signed up just a day or two after following a link there. I'm surprised, and a little pissed, that I hadn't run across it years sooner.

I spent hours reading the old archives, and wonder what happened to all those posters with names I didn't recognize.

Well, out with the old, in with the new.

Tear that schitt down!!!

While drinking Vernors, of course.

Skipper's rule!

cheddar bob Guest

I started posting near the end of 2000, back when The Well was cool.
    Anyone remember DWRIII? He was the guy from San Diego that was about 10x worse than craigd.

I see Jal snuck back in. That should last a day or two.

Anyone remember when AIW posted the picture of some guy flipping the camera off and everyone assumed it was him? That would probably earn anyone else a banning today.

Remember when sstashmoo posted a bunch of bullshit about immigrants and we got into an argument?

Good times.

Ahh - precious moments :

Attachment 208

Thanks to the original arteest.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-10-09 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane with all the old posters.

Anyone wanna lay odds on how long it takes Bats to reach his old post count?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post

You mean the flying fingers of fanaticism ? Oh - about a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post

I hope someone really nice steals his screenname before he can get to it

I don't know if he's on here yet, but I found his old unit.

Attachment 209
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-10-09 at 01:47 PM.

Remember when sstashmoo posted a bunch of bullshit about immigrants and we got into an argument?
    You mean like two days ago? Who could forget.

Quote: "Remember when sstashmoo posted a bunch of bullshit about immigrants and we got into an argument?"

We never argued... I do recall Sstashmoo posting facts that you were unable to refute and you blurted a few obscenities and turtled for the remainder of that forums life. That I remember

Well the forum has always been great....Im not on here anymore...got to addictive, but I'd say Ras was the coolest one. I hear he's selling t shirts for Morris Day and the Time.

Hey, y'all! It's JVLIVS [[the artist 4merly known as-was I drunk when I came up this [[old) name?-"Waxx"). Seems like everyone's upgrading these days, thought I'd do the same as well. I remember vividly those old forums from the bhere.com/ruins days from '97 to sometime earlier this decade when it was rechristened as "DetroitYes". I'll go so far to recall when-and Lowell can attest to this himself-when certain people tried to shut this site down over a decade ago, and alot of folks on the online community had this man's back and hollered so loud, the haters-that's what they were, HATERS-ain't had a choice but to back down. Over ten years and still countin', this site still kicks some major butt! As long as this site continues to exist, I'll continue to support it!

And I cannot forget Itsjeff, he will be greatly missed by many!
    Last edited by JVLIVS; April-01-09 at 08:42 PM.

I don't mind the arguing but when stuff gets personal that's too much. More often then not when someone can't support their side they start getting offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    I don't mind the arguing but when stuff gets personal that's too much. More often then not when someone can't support their side they start getting offensive.
    Oh yeah - well F**k you.

Awwww man...I remember accidentally stumbling upon this site right before the Columbine incident. Been stuck ever since...

Remember the Quicken Announcement thread?

Remember the Quicken Announcement threads?

How about the never ending saga of the stadium or transit threads?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast