Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default A Chevrolet Impala SS love story.

The story begins in 1965 with an ordinairy man buying a Chevrolet Impala SS. The man started a family and for 20 years the Chevy is part of that family. At one time the family is forced to sell the car because of hard times.
    Fast forward a decade or two. The two sons set out to see if the car still excists and to their surprise it is. It's travelled a lot over the years but every time they are hot on the heels of it, it's gone to the next owner. Until this year when the car was tracked down at a dealership in Canada.

And finally two months ago the original owner was reunited with his 1965 Chevy Impala SS.

Come on. Admit it. You eyes welled up as well.

i sure did well up. my dad had a blue one in the late 60's, early 70's and i would sit in that car in front of the house listening to a bill cosby 8 track. when dad died in '73, the car went to my sister and unfortunately, as i remember it, she never changed/added oil and fried the engine.

1970, I remember stealing the old man's 63' 409 Impala, [[Chevrolet Engineering), by rolling it down the driveway at night. [[15 yrs. old). And cruising around at 3 am. Natalie, I still love you. Great times.
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-12-11 at 06:00 PM.

Those were the days !!

This is reminiscent of The Norton Project from last year.

What a beauty! I was recently in the car market and test drove a newer [[2004 Chevy Impala), uggh. Non-descript event. The classics were something indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Those were the days !!

Oh come on, it's just a Chevy. It's not like it was a Plymouth or anything like that.

I liked the Norton story better. The Norton is a very cool motorcycle.

I saw this as a commerical a few nights ago. It made me smile. I wonder where my 1977 Gan Fury or 1979 New Yorker are???

Default Old Chevy

I watched this add on TV because it reminded me of the 1966 Chevy Impala SS 327 convertible I bought new that year. In early 1967, some gal ran the yield sign on the corner of Bloom and Denser and T-boned me in the side. The car spun around and the rear hit a big tree. It ended up at BANKASCOLLISION INC at 6016 E 7 MILE RD and was totaled out. I wonder if it’s still sitting back in their lot somewhere so my family can have it restored for me like the guy in the commercial. Here’s some pics at Bankas from 1967.
    Name:  66 Chevy1_0002 - Copy.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  48.0 KB
    Name:  66 Chevy2_0003 - Copy.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  34.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    I watched this add on TV because it reminded me of the 1966 Chevy Impala SS 327 convertible I bought new that year. In early 1967, some gal ran the yield sign on the corner of Bloom and Denser and T-boned me in the side. The car spun around and the rear hit a big tree. It ended up at BANKASCOLLISION INC at 6016 E 7 MILE RD and was totaled out. I wonder if it’s still sitting back in their lot somewhere so my family can have it restored for me like the guy in the commercial. Here’s some pics at Bankas from 1967.
    Name:  66 Chevy1_0002 - Copy.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  48.0 KB
    Name:  66 Chevy2_0003 - Copy.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  34.0 KB
    Ouch! That hurts!

Great vid, thanks for sharing!!! A few years ago I found and bought back the 1966 Rambler American I spent my early childhood in, 1967 to 1974. Not exactly a big block Impala SS but the same kind of good family memories. Besides, on the other side of the pond it was always "that big car", lol! Now my both parents are gone but the Rambler will stay as long as I live even if it is a a project in sad shape.

PS, sorry about that 66 conv....
    Last edited by Forwardlook; November-13-11 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo