I came across a lovely property for sale at 7477 La Salle Boulevard, which is a 5,400 square foot house currently on the market for $69,000. I was a bit baffled by the fact that there were only 6 pictures of the outside of the house and not a single one showing the inside. I contacted the listing agent to ask her why this was, and she said that the owners refused to let her photograph the rooms inside. The description mentions that this is a short sale, so I'm guessing that's why the current owners aren't being very cooperative about the pictures. I'm currently in the Middle East and have been looking at houses for sale in Detroit for the past five months. I really love the architectural diversity that exists in every neighborhood. It has been a dream of mine to live in an grand old house, but the historical houses in my native Virginia are few in number and are way out of my price range. In Detroit, I've seen street after street with delightful old houses that I would love to live in as I take a virtual tour on Google maps.

I haven't had much luck dealing with the realtors in Detroit so far. Most of them don't even bother to respond to me, When they find out that I'm not even in the area, those who do respond don't bother to continue dealing with me. I only come home to the US once a year, but I wanted to do as much research as possible before my next trip home. I don't know anything about the La Salle Gardens area, but if you guys could give me some insight, that would be great. The listing agent did tell me that there is some water damage inside this house, but she didn't elaborate. I believe that the tile roof is the original, but as beautiful as it is, it probably needs to be replaced. The property taxes on it are quite a bit lower than most of the houses I've looked at, something like $2,000. Do they go up when someone else buys the house? Thanks!