Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Corporations are not People

http://blog.pfaw.org/content/boulder...ate-personhood

Now here is an activity for the "Occupyiers".

Motion to Amend

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
    • Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
    • Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our vote and participation count.
    • Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.

"I refuse to believe that corporations are people until Texas executes one."
    "Well, find a [poor] black, mentally retarded, innocent corporation and Texas would be happy to do it."

LOL!

lit joe Guest

After living in Detroit now Texas I can say its a lot better here. Out of eight people I grew up with four dead, one beaten so badly he in his daughter care. Three got out to better place. Third St to Fairmount I'm one of the lucky ones.

You can count yourself fortunate that you are not mentally challenged while you live in Texas.

http://davisvanguard.com/index.php?o...tch&Itemid=100

Writes Ms. Grissom, "To his critics, his [Perry's] parsimonious use of clemency is notable because of continuing concerns about the ability of prisoners facing capital charges in Texas to retain quality legal representation, the execution of those who were minors when they committed their crimes, the ability of some prisoners to understand their punishment intellectually and the international ramifications of executing foreign nationals."

lit joe Guest

Yes where thinking about a drive thourgh. Being a state that losing population you have to understand 25 million and growing, the rule of law must set example. The warning sign at the border DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS and that what it means. I can leave my doors unlocked nothing happens. If you go before the judge and get 30 days, you receive a 3 thousand dollar fine. The county pays you 100 dollars a day for picking up trash along the road or washing police cars. Not sleeping out your time. Liquor sales is 9 to 9 M- F no Sunday none in Sabine co. only in Jasper co. If you kill someone you get killed by the state. Make you think twice before you pull the tigger. The communities all have voluteer fire departments that back each other up. Frist respoders are voluteers and they both do a great job. Ambulance service is available for 60 dollars a year your household gets unlimited use. We own are water and electric company co-ops non profit. Taxes are low people are very nice. City & state tax don,t exist. For me Texas is a great place to live. Nothing for a honest person to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by lit joe View Post
    Yes where thinking about a drive thourgh. Being a state that losing population you have to understand 25 million and growing, the rule of law must set example. The warning sign at the border DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS and that what it means. I can leave my doors unlocked nothing happens. If you go before the judge and get 30 days, you receive a 3 thousand dollar fine. The county pays you 100 dollars a day for picking up trash along the road or washing police cars. Not sleeping out your time. Liquor sales is 9 to 9 M- F no Sunday none in Sabine co. only in Jasper co. If you kill someone you get killed by the state. Make you think twice before you pull the tigger. The communities all have voluteer fire departments that back each other up. Frist respoders are voluteers and they both do a great job. Ambulance service is available for 60 dollars a year your household gets unlimited use. We own are water and electric company co-ops non profit. Taxes are low people are very nice. City & state tax don,t exist. For me Texas is a great place to live. Nothing for a honest person to fear.
    You've made Texas sound absolutely horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Don't forget the sucky weather and people who can't spell.

I can leave my doors unlocked nothing happens.
    Why do people like to brag about this? Like it's such a hassle to lock your freaking door? Just do it. It makes sense even if you don't live in a high crime zone. There's always a first time.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Cripes!! You mean that you were able to decipher that post?
    *sigh* As usual, you are One Up on me.
    For the record, I just checked... lit joe is off-line.
    Oh Wait. Was that implied, by "Texan?"

Quote Originally Posted by lit joe View Post
    After living in Detroit now Texas I can say its a lot better here. Out of eight people I grew up with four dead, one beaten so badly he in his daughter care. Three got out to better place. Third St to Fairmount I'm one of the lucky ones.
    Well, maybe you feel more in place in the state with one of the highest illiteracy rates in the country, the highest percentage of minimum-wage jobs and one of the highest poverty rates and the lowest rate of health insurance in the country
    Last edited by rb336; November-17-11 at 03:03 PM.

"If you kill someone in Texas, you get killed by the state. Nice simplistic thinking. No mitigating circumstances like mental capacity or even a healthy skepticism that the state might be prosecuting the wrong person. How blissful it must be to think so simplistically.

We even got them new-fangled gas buggies ever-where...