Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Think Joe Pa can survive ?

This horrific incident has given the Penn State administration the ammo they need to finally get him out of there.

Its too bad some people don't know when to ride off into the sunset
    now even though he did nothing wrong his name is tarnished.

He will retire. He leaves with the wins record and reverence of his fans.

Kiddie-diddlers, like any hobbist, hang with other kiddy-diddliers. In real life or on line, people with like interests hang out together. It is called being buddies, pals, chums, mates.

From the sounds of things, Sandusky had carte blanche to use every part of JoPa's empire. Sandusky took his victims on JoPa's plane, into the lockerrooms, on the sidelines ... all the time with JoPa knowing Sandusky was rumphumping these boys.

JoPa won't last past friday. Arrest warrants by December and he'll be dead by spring. Expect the new Big10+ Paterno Trophy to be renamed the Woody... for obvious reasons.

...Taking bets if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by gnome; November-08-11 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added an e

I can't see Joe Paterno lingering around. Whether by his own hand or the school's he's good as gone. It was on his watch that Sandusky committed those heinous acts. Sure, he caught wind of Sandusky's acts but beyond passing the buck to the next rung- where was his concern for the young men at Penn State? He's the face of the place. Sadly this will be the way he drifts off into the sunset. He'll probably be remembered for what he didn't do as opposed to what he did accomplish there.

Penn State's program to survive needs to purge and purge big time. I can see a whole new administration having to come forth from the burn & slash that's going through the campus now.

Yes, Sandusky is the lowest of the low and I hope he sizzles in hell for his crimes. I wouldn't wish this upon Joe Paterno but again it was on his watch and he dropped the ball on this scandal. He won't finish out the season in my book. I feel for the students that are still enrolled in the football program; I hope the NCAA grants them the opportunity to leave to other programs and maintain their eligibility to play football somewhere.

Who do you know, or have ever heard of anyone, who is friends with someone they despise? Someone who is loathsome?

People don't do that. People hang with people they like. Birds of a feather kind of thing.

Since Sandusky was hanging out with the team, and since Jopa knew Sandusky was slamming his penis into the hairless bungholes of children, one can only conclude JoPa not only knew about it, but he encouraged it and maybe even liked it.

If JoPa didn't approve, how did Sandusky get on the team plane to bowl games?

I think you guys are all correct. Its seems that all JoPa was interested in was creating a case where he could have plausible deniability if the stuff hit the fan. I don't think the PSU administration is going to go for that and use this as a reason to clean house.

And to think UofM had problems with RichRod and OSU with Tressel

I wouldn't be surprised if when the grad assistant went to Paterno that he cut him off before he got to the details and didn't want to hear them. This way he has an out and he can pass it along to the athletic director. I'm sure he told the AD to take care of it [[Wink, wink) and do what's right [[wink, wink) and go PSU [[Wink, wink).
    When the AD and the VP didn't do anything they clearly weren't worried about Paterno following up on it and asking any questions.

Whether he coaches anymore will depend on what the big donors will do with their money based on that decision. My guess is that he doesn't coach on Saturday.
    Last edited by rjk; November-09-11 at 07:55 PM.

In reading around the internet on this subject the inference was made that Sandusky knows where the bodies are buried in terms of possible recruiting violations so there wasn't going to be anybody within PSU football that was going to out him on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    In reading around the internet on this subject the inference was made that Sandusky knows where the bodies are buried in terms of possible recruiting violations so there wasn't going to be anybody within PSU football that was going to out him on anything.
    I wouldn't doubt that for a second. They obviously had something on him, but he probably had a hand he could play also. It's interesting that he retired in 1999, a year after he admitted to taking a shower with a 12 year old. He was only 57 at the time, not that old for a coach in college.

It looks like at least three people from PSU will be going to jail, Sandusky probably for life. Paterno better hope that none of them get religion and start talking.

I believe rape is a Capital Offense in PA. Injection is their prefered method of evening the scales.

Don't know if being a accessory is on par, but as RJK says, JoPa better hope they don't get religion.

To restate something I said before, this time in English: The new Big 10 trophy is now called the Paterno/Stagg trophy. It is awarded to the winner of the newly expanded Big 10. Penn State is in the hunt as is MSU, Nebraska and Wisconsin ... to think anyone would want to hoist that trophy ... yuck.

Anyone here want to rub their hands all over the Paterno?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I believe rape is a Capital Offense in PA. Injection is their prefered method of evening the scales.

Don't know if being a accessory is on par, but as RJK says, JoPa better hope they don't get religion.

To restate something I said before, this time in English: The new Big 10 trophy is now called the Paterno/Stagg trophy. It is awarded to the winner of the newly expanded Big 10. Penn State is in the hunt as is MSU, Nebraska and Wisconsin ... to think anyone would want to hoist that trophy ... yuck.

Anyone here want to rub their hands all over the Paterno?
    The great grandson of Amos Alonzo Staggs has stated the family is already looking into having one of the names removed from the trophy. In other words, the NCAA can pick one but they don't want the Staggs name on the same trophy as Paterno.

paterno is out.

Hopefully that bastard lives another 15 years and spends his time thinking about all the victims of Sandusky.

I can see a total housecleaning of PSU football assist coaches and all. Anyone associated with Paterno. Right now the grad assist now receivers coach who initially went to JoePa is just getting hammered by the media for not doing enough. It looks like they are trying to make a scapegoat of the guy.

The ironic thing is the media is asking will he coach Saturday. Dude hasn't coached in years. He does about as much coaching as the fans in the stands. A total figurehead. Sits up in the press box with no headset looking at the game like the average fan.

Now that he's officially out I say we need to re-name that trophy. I was never crazy about naming it after an [[then) active coach.

I'm glad that Paterno won't get the chance to coach. He's not the bastard that did the initial deed but he sure as heck didn't do anything to stop the reign of horror years ago. It was the only and proper choice for the Penn State Board of Trustees to make.

Paterno is out of football, but I think his troubles are just beginning. McQueary's inaction [[instead of going to the cops, I'll go to Joe to see what the first step is) indicates to me a culture at Penn State where coverups are how business gets done. When these worthless disgusting pigs [[Sandusky, Curley, et. al) start to turn on each other, it will be interesting to see what other secrets can be found in Happy Valley.

An ESPN article states that Paterno never discussed the shower rape incident with Sandusky, this according to JP's son. I pretty much figured that was the case, but it's still shocking to read.

If that is true, then JoPa is a coward as well as a rape facilitator.

He allowed Sandusky to use PSU facilities to conduct seductions. Pimped out those boys for his own purposes. No one gets a pass here.

No one.

bartock Guest

If that is true, then JoPa is a coward as well as a rape facilitator.

He allowed Sandusky to use PSU facilities to conduct seductions. Pimped out those boys for his own purposes. No one gets a pass here.

No one.
    I've been in agreement with everything you've said on this thread [[big deal, right?) and also get the feeling that JP will do a Bear Bryant and be dead sooner rather than later. I found the PSU students' "riot" last night to be disgusting. We've become a society where if you are not convicted in a Court of Law represented by a million dollar defense and on a 12-0 verdict, you haven't done anything wrong. Ethics and morality be damned.

And I never thought I'd say this, but I have new found respect for Matt Millen, especially last night, when he actually remained composed while rationally and sternly deliberating on the situation.

bartock Guest

What an article. Not being close to this situation I guess some people felt it would be only a matter of time before this hit the fan. Definitely a worst case situation. The fact that JoePa and PSU football is so powerful in Central PA kept this covered up since 1998.

Joe Paterno will survive his days of unemployment. All the students of Penn State loves him. Just like Libyans loves Ghadaffi.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    The newest rumor this reporter has proffered is that Sandusky was the funnel point where big donors to PSU were offered young boys for exploitation. That would explain why Sandusky had complete access to PSU facilities.

A massive pedophile ring where Sandusky recruited victims through his Second Mile charity. Plucked confused and vunerable children to submit to this evil.

In talking to people this is a cover-up on a massive scale. Its been going on for a long time and people say this is almost a Catholic church style coverup with big money boosters, politically powerful people who if not involved directly knew what was going on.

Here's some bed time reading for you the grand jury report
    http://www.ology.com/sports/read-ful...-abuse-scandal

bartock Guest

The newest rumor this reporter has proffered is that Sandusky was the funnel point where big donors to PSU were offered young boys for exploitation. That would explain why Sandusky had complete access to PSU facilities.

A massive pedophile ring where Sandusky recruited victims through his Second Mile charity. Plucked confused and vunerable children to submit to this evil.
    I heard that on the radio. This is apparently going to get much, much worse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast