Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Whites More Likely to Abuse Drugs Than Blacks

Occurrence Guest

That's because we know how to party harder.

lilpup Guest

I wonder if the study breaks down the findings by substance of choice. I'd like to see the numbers without alcohol included.

It should also be noted that the studies mentioned in the articles seem to have only involved those between 12 and 17 years old. The title of the first article [[And of this thread) could be deceiving as they fail to mention the small scope of the ages studied, and may not apply to all age groups.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; November-09-11 at 11:19 AM.

As stated, again and again. The drug war has failed miserably. It's cost tax payers trillions.

As a wise person once said.KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE MONEY, THAT WILL TELL YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW. How much money has been doled out in the name of the "War on Drugs" Billions or Trillions as Big Dog said.
    Like drugs to treat illness, not cure it, it is only to enrich budgets and for profit prison outcomes. This includes most govt operated prisons at all levels.

If the concern was for the drug abuser the solutions would be much different.
    But Profits and removing money from the general budgets had to be explained away by this new War that most uniformed citizens would believe in.

It is very clear from honest historians' studies of the Nixon tapes that the whole scam was introduced to keep the urban black youth from ever becoming a political force to be reckoned with again. The war on drugs has always had basic racist intent.

That said, what is the purpose of this thread...and the inflammatory title? I see Brizee copied it without thinking...since the beginning post is devoid of commentary other than the liberal use of the term FACTS...and the Time magazine article is clear why THEY used that title.

From the second article,

Results Of 72 561 adolescents aged 12 to 17 years, 37.0% used alcohol or drugs in the past year; 7.9% met criteria for a substance-related disorder, with Native Americans having the highest prevalence of use [[47.5%) and disorder [[15.0%). Analgesic opioids were the second most commonly used illegal drugs, following marijuana, in all racial/ethnic groups; analgesic opioid use was comparatively prevalent among adolescents of Native American [[9.7%) and multiple race/ethnicity [[8.8%). Among 27 705 past-year alcohol or drug users, Native Americans [[31.5%), adolescents of multiple race/ethnicity [[25.2%), adolescents of white race/ethnicity [[22.9%), and Hispanics [[21.0%) had the highest rates of substance-related disorders. Adolescents used marijuana more frequently than alcohol or other drugs, and 25.9% of marijuana users met criteria for marijuana abuse or dependence. After controlling for adolescents' age, socioeconomic variables, population density of residence, self-rated health, and survey year, adjusted analyses of adolescent substance users indicated elevated odds of substance-related disorders among Native Americans, adolescents of multiple race/ethnicity, adolescents of white race/ethnicity, and Hispanics compared with African Americans; African Americans did not differ from Asians or Pacific Islanders.

The argument is that the war on drugs is not aimed properly at those with the problem...but the premise is wrong. Native Americans have it even worse...so logically the drug war should be aimed at them instead? Nah, it should be ELIMINATED completely and forever. Period. It is a failed endeavor based upon a false premise [[that drugs are bad, and humans who use them are the worst scourge of society) with a fiercely racist origination.

It is not about whites and blacks and all the browns inbetween. It is about the green...and the ability to control other people at whim. The discussion should be framed accordingly.

Cheers,
    John

When crack epidemic of the 1980s flowed in the black ghettoes to the Hispanic barrios of every last American inner cities. More of them will get killed before they can go prison.

When crack flowed in the white neighborhoods in every last American small and big towns, They can get away from it.

Most people of color are going to do drugs. I can look the factual data about the specific group of race, but drugs can destroy that person. It don't discrimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That said, what is the purpose of this thread...and the inflammatory title? I see Brizee copied it without thinking
    I always post the name of the articles I put on messageboards. I copied, pasted and didn't offer my opinion one way or another.

I will however defer to you when it comes to unthinking inflammatory offensive bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    I always post the name of the articles I put on messageboards. I copied, pasted and didn't offer my opinion one way or another.

I will however defer to you when it comes to unthinking inflammatory offensive bullshit.

Here, I'll post the links...because they hide under the accusations that you so quickly toss onto the table.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...hyme-Wants-OUT!

and

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...trick-In-Again

"Unthinking inflammatory offensive bullshit."

Just want to make sure you won't edit your post to cover your tracks, heh.

I'm busy right now, but I'll ponder your nuclear trolling for a while and get back to you later. It'll probably be another thread, because the war you are trying to start here shouldn't clutter up the non-sense you've begun in this one.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; November-10-11 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    What's the point?