Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Buy American Guest

Default Kilpatrick granted more flexibility in making restitution payments by Texas

I can't believe this. Just another slap in Detroit's face.
    How can Texas decide what's good for Detroit?

http://detnews.com/article/20111106/...315/1409/rss36

We can't blame Texas on that one, as backwards as they are culturally, politically and eocnomically are

It was the geniuses here however that allowed him to move to Texas in the first place without supervision. For all they care Detroit and Michigan can slide into the Great Lakes and dissolve, especially with their disdain for our labor unions.

Tough cookies on this one.

C'mon guys. He's doing the best he can. he's digging deep for that $160 a month. Why in just 400+ years he'll be all paid up.

Enough Kwame already.
    How long are people going to keep beating this dead horse? He's out of office. He's spent time in jail. He's still on the hook for alot of money.

Somehow this man is now the scapegoat for everything wrong with the city. The city was in decline the day the man was born. He's been out of office for over 3 years now and the city is still in decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Enough Kwame already.
    How long are people going to keep beating this dead horse? He's out of office. He's spent time in jail. He's still on the hook for alot of money.

Somehow this man is now the scapegoat for everything wrong with the city. The city was in decline the day the man was born. He's been out of office for over 3 years now and the city is still in decline.
    No, he's not a scapegoat for everything that's wrong with the city. He's increasingly an example of how there are two justice systems: One for us, with heavy penalties for minor infractions; and one for them, where well-connected people are able to evade their actual punishments, if any.

That "Dead Horse" will be galloping into town next year for a little rodeo with the feds. So keep your branding irons hot there is sure to be plenty of Kwame posts to come.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    Why in just 400+ years he'll be all paid up.
    Crap, you're not joking. I did the same math you did...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    No, he's not a scapegoat for everything that's wrong with the city. He's increasingly an example of how there are two justice systems: One for us, with heavy penalties for minor infractions; and one for them, where well-connected people are able to evade their actual punishments, if any.
    Spot on.

A million dollar fine for a guy that stole MILLIONS from the city? And yes, the fine was related to perjury charges, not embezzlement, but the money spent on lawsuits related to his perjury and payouts to fired cops is 10 Million alone.

Kwame got a slap on the wrist, and he thumbs his nose at authority and responsibility at every turn.

I feel bad for his kids. I hope that they realize that while they love their dad, that they'll need to model themselves after someone else.

Things I found interesting in the Detroit News article:

his 448-year plan to pay $160 per month toward more than $860,000 still owed on $1 million he promised the city of Detroit
    Kilpatrick...has claimed indigence
    Groner has ordered proceeds from Kilpatrick's book to be directed to an escrow account managed by the Wayne County Treasurer's office. No funds have been received from the publisher, and the judge on Friday ordered the Tennessee attorney listed as agent for Creative Publishing Consultants Inc. to appear in court Nov. 16 to explain why the company shouldn't be held in contempt.
    Documents Kilpatrick provided prison authorities included a letter from Kilpatrick's wife, Carlita, saying her husband is her family's sole provider.

$1 million restitution. $160 dollars a month. sounds like those scammy commercials on tv, 'consolidate your debt now!' 'i did it , and you can too!' conflicted? do you want him in federal prison, thus taking MORE money from taxpayers or do you want him free, paying back his restitution at this reduced rate?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    do you want him in federal prison, thus taking MORE money from taxpayers or do you want him free, paying back his restitution at this reduced rate?
    Absolutely yes.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    do you want him in federal prison, thus taking MORE money from taxpayers or do you want him free, paying back his restitution at this reduced rate?
    Cry me a river, you've gotta be kidding. A measly $160 a month is what, the equivalent of the city's income from 5 parking tickets?

I have a traffic ticket due this week in Ferndale that's going to cost me $150 and I'm not living in a 5,000 square foot house nor did I cost the city more than $8.4 million plus legal fees in civil court costs. Nor have I been charged with a 38 count criminal indictment for running a multi-million dollar racketeering enterprise.

How many marijuana smokers are in state prison on the taxpayer's dime? Pardoning a few thousand of them would clear more than enough space for actual criminals like KK and his cohorts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Enough Kwame already.

Can't argue wih any of the above, it's all true. It's just that the man is infuriating.

Im not trying to defend Kwame, but we got rid of him as Mayor and then managed to lock him up for over 13 months.

In all fairness, there has got to be some credit given towards his restituation for time served.

What I was surprised to see that I think he still works for compuware.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    In all fairness, there has got to be some credit given towards his restituation for time served.
    No.

His sentence was jail time AND restitution. By design. His perjury and lies have cost the city more than 1 million dollars.

He obviously can afford to repay the taxpayers, but instead chooses to live a life a luxury instead while crying poor.

Hey, cut him some slack, "Pimpin ain't easy"