Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Destroying the Myth of the American Soldier...

...one trophy at a time.

[[here is the link UNblind, for those so inclined...http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/04/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2)

So, this Sergeant is caught leading a group of rogue killers of civilians in Afghanistan. They've got photographs...and a collection of 'trophies' made of choice body parts from their victims.

OR, as in the sworn testimony of this fabulous example of outstanding military discipline and training...he just kept the trophies, he never made any victims. He actually said he didn't kill...but needed something 'like deer antlers' to carry around with him.

The Killings he kept track of with tattoos. You can't impress anyone at the bar with a bag full of fingers, apparently.

What the hell...and we wonder why the insurgency against the illegal American invasion of Iraq continues to this day...and why we cannot seem to make any progress in Afghanistan. [[forgetting, of course, that the Soviets couldn't win even after throwing the entire might of their army at those mountains)

This soldier needs to be locked up, or worse. Any and all who've partaken in abuses like the ones reportedly done by his group need the same. But, instead, they'll land big-paying jobs with Blackwater/Xe...or worse yet, get hired into a local, county, or state police agency.

There are good and bad soldiers, not unlike officers of the law. When the bad ones are protected, as it seems THIS one was during his rise in authority [[by others apparently like him)...it makes them ALL look as bad, or worse.

No cheers on this...I'm just sick about it.
    Last edited by Gannon; November-05-11 at 11:36 AM.

Nothing new here. Same things happened in SE Asia, Korea, WWII, WWI and even the Civil War. Plenty of 'soldiers' have come home and done things also. When you're trained to kill, you tend to do just that.

It will continue to happen until we get away from the 'warrior is good' and 'bullets for profit' mentality.

lit joe Guest

Well that not going to happen. With europe heading for disaster, its going down hill. The NWO is getting ready. George Soros and his cronies took us for a ride. Enjoy the time you got left, anarchy is coming. Me I'm ready come what may.

Thanks, again, for nothing Lit Joe.

Nothing new here. Same things happened in SE Asia, Korea, WWII, WWI and even the Civil War.
    And also the Spanish Civil War in the Philippines. It seems that quite a few Mei Leis went on there too, and were high fived here in the press.

Any male over the age of ten was executed by an American firing squad. A little known wet spot in American history.
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-05-11 at 05:36 PM.

Gee, Gannon. Don't you feel protected by all those soldiers in Afghanistan? Were the civilians Americans?

I was never threatened by either Afghanistan or Iraq...

...and let's be perfectly clear here...

...are you in any way insinuating or saying that civilians of other nations are somehow inferior to Americans?!

Inferior in what regard? Butchering people? Creativity on the battlefield? I was merely asking for a clarification.

Here the Myths of the American Soldiers:

1. Uncle Sam

2. Captian America

3 G.I.Joe

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Here the Myths of the American Soldiers:

1. Uncle Sam

2. Captian America

3 G.I.Joe
    Danny!! Where's the love for Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos? And Sgt. Rock?

Some of my earliest childhood memories include walking to my cousin Frankie's soda joint on Junction north of Vernor Highway, while spending days at my grandmother's house on Plumer, and reading the latest Sgt. Fury comics. War is Hell!

The issue that still sticks with me was the one where a skinny GI was so concerned about gaining weight that he actually carried a bathroom scale with him into the battle. They ended up wandering into a mine field, and the Sargeant was able to weigh everyone to find those light enough to walk around and find a path out for the rest of them.

Wow. That was fun. Dragging out a memory from 40 years ago. I even still have the visual flashbacks...that skinny, sorry dude.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Some of my earliest childhood memories include walking to my cousin Frankie's soda joint on Junction north of Vernor Highway, while spending days at my grandmother's house on Plumer, and reading the latest Sgt. Fury comics. War is Hell!

The issue that still sticks with me was the one where a skinny GI was so concerned about gaining weight that he actually carried a bathroom scale with him into the battle. They ended up wandering into a mine field, and the Sargeant was able to weigh everyone to find those light enough to walk around and find a path out for the rest of them.

Wow. That was fun. Dragging out a memory from 40 years ago. I even still have the visual flashbacks...that skinny, sorry dude.
    Let's check the ol' memory. Name some of the Howlers?
    The Jewish one:
    The black one:
    The redhead with the handlebars mustache:
    The southerner:
    The British guy with the "brolley":

wasn't there one in a kilt or was that the ginger?