Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Whats going in at the site of the "old" Kingdom Club?

Name:  WP_000039 [[3).jpg
Views: 733
Size:  43.2 KB

Looks like someone is doing some improvements to the front of the old Kingdom Club. I really hope its not another club like Kingdom though, we don't need more shootings by Greektown.

Anyone know what this is? Looks like wooden columns... I'm guessing some kind of club.

Word on the street is that it will be a strip club. I can't confirm that tho. I don't care what it is, so long as it isn't a violent rowdy catalyst for death.

Name:  WP_000040 [[3).jpg
Views: 649
Size:  34.2 KB

Update: it looks like they are painting the building white and putting arches in with wooden looking columns. . . Any guesses?

@BrushStart I think you might be right, strip club was the first thing I thought of when I saw the columns.

Maybe them there greek columns or pilasters indicate a new club featuring "classically trained" strippers?

http://www.shadowbardetroit.com/SHADOW_BAR/Home.html

they are still ongoing their facebook page has daily updates, if you are in to that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    http://www.shadowbardetroit.com/SHADOW_BAR/Home.html

they are still ongoing their facebook page has daily updates, if you are in to that sort of thing.
    ShadowBar is in Hamtramck on Campau. Are they relocating to Congress downtown? I don't know anything about this club other than what I can see on their FB page. If they are moving into the old Kingdom space, I just hope they run a clean show and aren't rowdy. The pics from their Halloween party are pretty hilarious- 3 dudes in diapers and another guy dressed up like a tampon!