Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Death of Kung Fu....and Bill

'Kung Fu' star David Carradine has been found dead in a hotel in Bangkok, Thailand, according to his manager.

www.cnn.com

RIP Grasshopper.
    David Carradine and the show Kung Fu is partly the reason I train an hour and a half per day and take three classes per week, 30 years later.

RIP...yet another reason we start feeling older...I think his legacy inspired many of us to try Martial Arts ...always liked the humility in his persona in the series

His telling of the Legend of Pai Mei in Kill Bill 2 was classic.

He was found hanging by a rope, naked in the closet of his hotel room, but they say it was an accident. That doesn't make sense to me.

One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble...

[[no disrespect meant with that cheesy lyric!)

RIP. I always thought he was a good looking old guy. What strange circumstances, he did seem like a pretty intense person, if he did this himself. I never understand the 'naked' thing
    Last edited by Alley; June-04-09 at 12:14 PM.

Remember the singer from Inxs? Something I read on another board suggests that David may have died the same way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hutchence#Death

Autoerotic asphixiation gone wrong? That's about the last cause of death I would expect to hear for a 72 year old man.
    Not that it couldn't be the case...you NEVER know what people like!
    Last edited by Alley; June-04-09 at 07:15 PM.

rajdet what style of Martial arts do you do ? and do follow MMA I am really excited to see Loyota Machida take the light weight division useing shotokan karate. Their are so many styles of martial arts and all ufc talks about is Mauy Tia and Brazilian ju jitsu

Kung Fu was one of my favorite shows in the 70s, but the song "Kung Fu Fighting" was one of the most cheesiest in a decade known for more than it's fair share of cheesy songs. I liked the Kill Bill movies, but David did not have as big a role in Vol 1 as he did in Vol 2.
    Last edited by Flanders; June-04-09 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    rajdet what style of Martial arts do you do ? and do follow MMA I am really excited to see Loyota Machida take the light weight division useing shotokan karate. Their are so many styles of martial arts and all ufc talks about is Mauy Tia and Brazilian ju jitsu
    Yang Style Tai Chi. I'm not really into the MMA thing other than flipping through the channels. I do believe the Detroit area has one of the better teachers [[ Han Hoong Wang ) in the country. http://www.michigantaichi.com/

LodgeDodger Guest

Very sad news. Suicide--even sadder.

I've always considered him to be "hot".

I've always considered him to be "hot".
    Was he ever in the "dudes we dig" thread? I don't remember.

ccbatson Guest

Looks like foul play is possible

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Looks like foul play is possible
    Where did you read this?

ccbatson Guest

Right there...I wrote it, then I read it.

Right there...I wrote it, then I read it.
    OK, let's try again. What leads you to that conclusion?

ccbatson Guest

Thailand, naked, hung.. How hard is it to set that up?

There hasn't been any talk of foul play according to news reports. It's as possible that it was auto-erotic asphyxiation as it was a murder. Thailand could also indicate opiate intoxication. Carradine was a recovering narcotic addict.

ccbatson Guest

Taking a leaf out of Gannon's book is all

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Was he ever in the "dudes we dig" thread? I don't remember.
    IIRC, yes.

LodgeDodger Guest

Taking a leaf out of Gannon's book is all
    Leave Gannon out of this. You made an unsubstantiated comment--explain it or admit you were just speculating.

Default One Night in Bangkok

In the opening shot they have the chessboard rotated 90° wrong.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-05-09 at 07:30 PM.

And to think we were talking about that show last week at work.I remember him more lately on Wild West Tech.As a kid him and that show{Kung Fu} gave me the creeps.

News reports now state that he was found naked in his hotel room closet by the housekeeper, hanging by the neck from a rope which was also wrapped around "Big Al and the Boys".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast